Caleb Joseph is hitting .103

Frobby

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Or DFA Pedro and bring up a third C.

On a team that's having trouble getting on base and scoring runs Alvarez is putting up a .944 OPS with more walks than K's. The Orioles have a lot of problems, but Pedro aint one of them. 

PS -- Alvarez has already put up more WAR in 2018 (20 AB) than Trumbo did all of 2017

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

On a team that's having trouble getting on base and scoring runs Alvarez is putting up a .944 OPS with more walks than K's. The Orioles have a lot of problems, but Pedro aint one of them. 

PS -- Alvarez has already put up more WAR in 2018 (20 AB) than Trumbo did all of 2017

He is a career .240/.312 hitter with no position. If you want to keep Pedro, DFA Vielma then. Sisco's bat should be in the lineup some way, somehow.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Sisco's bat should be in the lineup some way, somehow.

Agree 100%. But getting him ABs at the expense of one of the few guys who's actually producing at the plate doesn't make much sense. Sisco subbing for Joseph takes a current offensive weakness and makes it into an offensive strength. 

11 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I've put up more WAR in 2018 than Trumbo did all of 2017.

Just now, ShoelesJoe said:

Agree 100%. But getting him ABs at the expense of one of the few guys who's actually producing at the plate doesn't make much sense. Sisco subbing for Joseph takes a current offensive weakness and makes it into an offensive strength. 

Yeah but we can't get rid of Joseph. He has to catch sometimes, even if he is not the primary. So you have to get rid of somebody. 

Honestly I am fine with Joseph catching most of the time until Sisco proves he can do it. Joseph has had at least a HR and a couple of hits taken away that I have seen. This lineup should be able to support one .240/.600 guy. Do you think Sisco makes both the flip to Givens and the 1-2-5 double play? 

Do you think Sisco makes both the flip to Givens and the 1-2-5 double play? 

Almost certainly not. But if Sisco has been in the lineups those games maybe we have a multi-run cushion where we don’t need Joseph’s heroics. For every run Caleb’s defense has saved us his bat has probably cost us the same.  I think Sisco’s bat can more than make up for his defense. 

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, I'm joking.

He is a career .240/.312 hitter with no position. If you want to keep Pedro, DFA Vielma then. Sisco's bat should be in the lineup some way, somehow.

Outperforming someone who finished the year at a below replacement level shouldn't qualify as an achievement.

Vielma has options. And he is very highly regarded with the glove. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ve been saying all season that Caleb Joseph just might be done. We have at least three such players. Tillman, Davis, and Joseph. 

How would you know when Joseph is done?  He was absolutely awful in 2016.  He just isn't good at hitting. He is a back up catcher at best 

Archived