Orioles -13 DRS

weams

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked up Outs Above Average for something else earlier today, and saw Adam Jones was one of only two centerfielders (Blackmon) already at negative 2.  Barring an 8 game winning streak, I'll be ready to see Jones trying out in RF in a few weeks.

Mullins can hit 9th, and he'll need more of an adjustment period than our offense-oriented prospects.  The club could benefit from extra time discovering if the glove can carry the bat, and the pitching staff won't mind.  It'd be hard for him to hit worse than the Rasmus/Santander/Gentry mishmash.

If we want Jones to have a modicum of trade value in July, I think this is a change that needs to happen sooner rather than later.  Ditto for putting Machado and, when he's healed, Beckham, back where they belong.  I guess I'm okay with Manny's A-Rod experience for the next 6-8 weeks, but think 3B is better for the trade deadline for him too.

3 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I looked up Outs Above Average for something else earlier today, and saw Adam Jones was one of only two centerfielders (Blackmon) already at negative 2.  Barring an 8 game winning streak, I'll be ready to see Jones trying out in RF in a few weeks.

Mullins can hit 9th, and he'll need more of an adjustment period than our offense-oriented prospects.  The club could benefit from extra time discovering if the glove can carry the bat, and the pitching staff won't mind.  It'd be hard for him to hit worse than the Rasmus/Santander/Gentry mishmash.

If we want Jones to have a modicum of trade value in July, I think this is a change that needs to happen sooner rather than later.  Ditto for putting Machado and, when he's healed, Beckham, back where they belong.  I guess I'm okay with Manny's A-Rod experience for the next 6-8 weeks, but think 3B is better for the trade deadline for him too.

Mancini last place of all OFs at  -5 Outs Above Average going into this game.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But he's going to  be the most improved outfielder in the league.

I was promised.

Mancini will be as good defensively as his physical tools allow him to be, which unfortunately isn't very good.

26 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Mancini last place of all OFs at  -5 Outs Above Average going into this game.

When we go to Seattle, if Trey could talk with Edgar Martinez awhile, that would be great - I think DH is where he best helps the 2019 team as long as Davis is here.  Longer-term, Mountcastle another DH type - after Davis, I kind of see Mancini and Mountcastle in a defensive competition for who gets to play first and who "has" to DH.  I think Mountcastle is at least pretty tall.

From a temperament factor, Mancini feels to me more like the guy who could acclimate to DH without it hampering his offense severely.

8 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

The Orioles now have the worst run differential in all of baseball. Team 30 of 30. The Reds are 5-20 in W/L, but I’m not sure how long they can keep the Orioles out of the most dubious honor of being the worst record in baseball.

At least they have earned it.

Archived