June 26th @ Wrigley

mdterps4life25

Man, we could get something real good for Huff, couldn't we? He's a major second-half player and he's OPSing like .850 in the first half now and can play 1B/3B/DH. If we have a bit of a firesale at the deadline, we should definitely sell high on him.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, we could get something real good for Huff, couldn't we? He's a major second-half player and he's OPSing like .850 in the first half now and can play 1B/3B/DH. If we have a bit of a firesale at the deadline, we should definitely sell high on him.
My response to a similar question earlier in the thread.
I think I'd prefer to wait until the offseason.

Gives us a better chance at breaking that .500 streak, which I do think would be important. Trading guys like Bradford and Cabrera don't really hurt this goal, but I think trading Huff at midseason would.

But much more importantly than our record this season, if Huff has his typical second half, he could easily be looking at a 30 HR / 100 RBI season. He'd be much more valuable then (and hitters tend to get more in the offseason anyways). And we could then slide Reimold into LF and Scott as the DH for 2009.

If someone offers a big package now, i'd certainyl take it, but I still think he'd be viewed largely as a salary dump, with just bringing back one back-end top-10 organizational guy at most. I think he could get a lot more in the offseason.

Aww, Brian could have gotten his average over .300 with another hit (I think, LOL). Maybe he'll do it in his next at bat. :clap:

Go Liz on hitting the ball! Who had Liz in the poll on the main board?! :D

IT was ruled an error.

Archived