June 26th @ Wrigley

mdterps4life25

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we really still want to trade Huff? I'd vote to keep him the rest of the season.

Tough to say. Right now his contract almost looks like a bargain. I wouldn't really actively shop him, but if GM's come knocking I'd listen. He could be overvalued right now. I wouldn't bite unless I thought they were overvaluing him though.

Singles have always been Aubrey's weakness, whether it's hitting them on the baseball field or sticking them in stripper's panties. :laughlol:
I'm pretty sure he's hitting well over .300 at the second thing.

Tough to say. Right now his contract almost looks like a bargain. I wouldn't really actively shop him, but if GM's come knocking I'd listen. He could be overvalued right now.
I think I'd prefer to wait until the offseason.

Gives us a better chance at breaking that .500 streak, which I do think would be important.

But more importantly, if Huff has his typical second half, he could easily be looking at a 30 HR / 100 RBI season. He'd be much more valuable then (and hitters tend to get more in the offseason anyways). And we could then slide Reimold into LF and Scott as the DH for 2009.

If someone offers a big package now, i'd certainyl take it, but I still think he'd be viewed largely as a salary dump, with just bringing back one back-end top-10 organizational guy at most. I think he could get a lot more in the offseason.

A couple things i noticed of Liz:

-When he tries to overthrow, he becomes erratic. If Kranitz can help him to not overthrow, this kid could be awesome. When he overthrows, he gets up to 96-97mph. When he just throws, he sits around 93mph to 94mph.

His changeup sits at 85-87mph, not really a change up if you ask me.

He reminds me of DCab alot...except he has more pitches than Dcab.

I like Liz' approach today. He used almost exclusively fastballs the first time through the order, but has been working in the change and slider much more the second time through. At least according to GameDay.

The pitch count isn't ideal, but he's doing ok.

Archived