TIllman to DL

LocoChris

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Speaking of the DL but talking about the other Chris...

Why can't we DL Chris Davis with a hangnail or something instead him wasting a roster space?

Because the player has to go along with the story.

You can't DL a guy and have him go "Wait, I'm actually fine!"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Aglets said:

If the Orioles approached you personally and offered you $3M and told you that you were guaranteed a spot in their starting rotation.....would you take it?

We’ve basically been paying Tillman for pitching hurt in 2016 and helping us to the WC game. It’s his golden parachute. But enough is enough. It’s looking like he better learn Korean. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’ve basically been paying Tillman for pitching hurt in 2016 and helping us to the WC game. It’s his golden parachute. But enough is enough. It’s looking like he better learn Korean. 

I think you have to throw strikes in Korea as well. 

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

So Tillman is supposed to pitch for Regular-A Delmarva on Monday.

I've never heard of rehab assignments going through Aberdeen and Delmarva. I guess there aren't high expectations for Chris.

o

Maybe he wants to get a free fitted hat from all 5 of the Orioles' Minor League affiliates.

o

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, Frobby said:

Oh, it’s already working, because it’s gotten him off the 25-man roster and there’s a clear path to never letting him back on it.    

I'm still expecting Tillman to get a couple starts with the O's.  Umm, maybe he was working on some pitches in Aberdeen.

We’re obviously just paying our respects to Tillman. Maybe he wants to get into coaching?

At the end of this rehab assignment we should 100% DFA him and offer him some innings in the minors to try and figure it out. I doubt he does. But it could be a way to keep him around and transition him to a minor league coach for next season. 

Archived