Castro to start Wed!

Rene88

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Good decision.   Using Hess again on three days’ rest was not a good option, and I’m not ready to see Melville taking up a 40-man roster spot.   

I am still not sure why they had to have another starter for Wednesday.  Gausman was on normal rest and he has been pitching great right now.  They could of let Gausman pitch Wednesday on normal rest then started Hess on normal rest Thursday then gave him an extra day the next time through.

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I am still not sure why they had to have another starter for Wednesday.  Gausman was on normal rest and he has been pitching great right now.  They could of let Gausman pitch Wednesday on normal rest then started Hess on normal rest Thursday then gave him an extra day the next time through.

Maybe they just feel that Gausman has logged a lot of innings lately and an extra day would keep him fresh.   

Just now, Frobby said:

Maybe they just feel that Gausman has logged a lot of innings lately and an extra day would keep him fresh.   

If its going to rain Wednesday then why waste a possible start for Gausman or have him pitch a few innings then the game gets called.

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Just now, Frobby said:

Maybe Buck wants Gausman in Fenway to get his better pitcher in a more important game against a stronger opponent.

Archived