Castro to start Wed!

Rene88

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

More important game?

I don't think any games are more important at this point.

Logically and in the grand scheme of things, of course not.

But do you think Buck feels that way? His job is still to try to win games and it's harder to win a game in Boston than at home against the Phillies. 

And do you think most fans really feel that way underneath? Even in a lost season a dramatic win/loss will get more attention on this board if it happens against Thursday's opponent than against Wednesday's. 

If someone asked Buck about this I wouldn't be surprised at all if his answer was along the lines of "We like how Kevin's done in Boston over the years against a tough lineup" or "We thought throwing Kevin in Boston would give us the best chance to win."

5 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Logically and in the grand scheme of things, of course not.

But do you think Buck feels that way? His job is still to try to win games and it's harder to win a game in Boston than at home against the Phillies. 

And do you think most fans really feel that way underneath? Even in a lost season a dramatic win/loss will get more attention on this board if it happens against Thursday's opponent than against Wednesday's. 

If someone asked Buck about this I wouldn't be surprised at all if his answer was along the lines of "We like how Kevin's done in Boston over the years against a tough lineup" or "We thought throwing Kevin in Boston would give us the best chance to win."

I'm sure Buck cares more about games against the Yankees and Red Sox.

I'm sure I don't.

All wins are nice, all loses suck.

1 hour ago, MagicBird said:

If its going to rain Wednesday then why waste a possible start for Gausman or have him pitch a few innings then the game gets called.

Good point, but they indicated days ago that they wanted to push Gausman back.    I doubt the weather forecast was that clear then.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Good point, but they indicated days ago that they wanted to push Gausman back.    I doubt the weather forecast was that clear then.  

Depending when they said it, it could of been that clear. I think it was about a week ago the game vs. Philly tomorrow was already in question.

11 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I would have preferred Akin / Castro piggyback

Fortunately or unfortunately, this season has squashed any debate about any prospect coming up and pitching for us until September call ups. We should finish the season out with Castro, Melville, maybe a vet AAA acquisition, in the 5 spot. Let the young guys develop. 

We all better get used to what a “Stop gap” player is again. Haha

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Ok.   So this was a good time to do it.  It looks like the weather did it for Buck.

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What good is Castro doing for us pitching in a game that we’re down 6-0 late in the game????

Let Mike Wright eat those innings. Who cares if we lose 9-0?

Castro should be in AAA starting/developing.

Castro needed to throw an inning if he was to be tuned for a weekend start if needed.

Just now, weams said:

Castro needed to throw an inning if he was to be tuned for a weekend start if needed.

I realize that. He’s gotta pitch if he’s up here. I’m questioning why he’s up here. Aren’t we rolling with Hess for the start this weekend?  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I realize that. He’s gotta pitch if he’s up here. I’m questioning why he’s up here. Aren’t we rolling with Hess for the start this weekend?  

Not to my knowledge.

Archived