Joseph Optioned to Norfolk (Booo!)

Legend_Of_Joey

25 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

This is what I think and what I hope. Sisco is the future and needs everyday at bats, we aren't winning so play him 

If we were winning it would be reason to get rid of Joseph as well.  I don't see a situation where he belongs on the team.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Joseph being sent down or that it was Susac coming up?

Joseph being sent down, I'd classify him as a Buck guy. Probably just reading too much into the situation, but was curious to hear Tony's take on it.

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow - I find that pretty shocking actually.  Of all the guys who I thought might get jettisoned for underperformance, Caleb certainly wasn't one of them.

Not sure why that is. He has never hit at the ML level.

27 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Hey @Tony-OH, do you think this is a shot across Buck's bow?

Not sure, but it certainly is an interesting move. Over his last 7 games he's batting .280/.280/.560/.840 so it's not like it was because of his bat. He's actually outhit Sisco over the last two weeks. Something else is up here. He has struggled to throw out runners this year and seems like his pop times have decreased a bit. 

Saying all that, seems like a strange move to send him down when no one can possibly think he's the reason the team is doing this poorly. Obviously when you look over the numbers it doesn't look good, but as I stated, he's been hitting better of late. I don't know what this is about honestly, but it could be that Sisco is basically going to become the everyday catcher against right--handed pitchers.

So who exactly were those ace talent evaluators who just two months ago had Tillman  in the rotation and Joseph as the regular catcher and Beckham as the regular third baseman and still thought we would somehow contend?   Buck, Brady or Dan?  

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

Wonder if this is Duquette's way of getting Buck to play Sisco everyday

Kinda like when he DFA's Teagarden 

Why are people upset about Caleb being sent down? This team is in the toilet. What's wrong with sending Caleb  down and bringing up one of the younger catchers? 

Archived