Hess needs a roster spot: Is it Mike Wright that goes?

wildcard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah, so Hess is going today.

Let's see:

-Rookie pitcher making his second career start in Fenway

-Boston is throwing a lefty at us

-That lefty used to be in our system

-It's a Sunday day game

Why am I planning on watching this?

My excuse is that it is raining outside and I've already finished the laundry.

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In all seriousness, why would another team claim Wright if he were DFA?   The guy is 28 years old, has a career 6.23 ERA, has never had a season better than 5.76, and is at 8.72 this season.    If DFA, he will go unclaimed and be outrighted to Norfolk or wherever.    That should be the move.    

Yeah - I really doubt teams are going to be falling over themselves to claim him.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I subscribe to the they don't want him to leave and "get fixed" somewhere else theory.

At a certain point you have to admit you can't fix him and if someone else can more power to him.  Is Wright going to be on the team when he is 44 because they are worried someone will fix him?

1 minute ago, atomic said:

At a certain point you have to admit you can't fix him and if someone else can more power to him.  Is Wright going to be on the team when he is 44 because they are worried someone will fix him?

Once again I'm not agreeing with them.  I would have dropped him last offseason.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Yup.has a good arm and maybe change of scenery and get a little worse Jake.Orioles are known throughout the league as a team where starting pitchers progress a little but never reach the next level.We shall see if Gausman or Bundy reach the next level.Or is this as good as it gets 

If management thinks coaches are to blame why not change the coaches?  Well they already did that and Wright is still terrible and the rest of the pitchers regressed due to inferior coaching.  How many pitching coaches ago was Arrieta?  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Next pitching coach might.Dr.Frank N Furter.If still here they might be doing the Time Warp again.

And Davis will still be here and fans will be wondering why.

It's a bunt single to your left.Let's not hit into the shift again. 

23 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Pretty amazing. Hard to believe Buck would rather have Wright on the roster than Hart..or some other useful bullpen arm. 

The one thing about Wright is he can soak up 3-4 innings in a game we’re losing already.    Hart can barely get through 3 batters.   Two bad alternatives there.  

19 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

What does Wright have to do to get voted off the island?  Brady’s pet project needs to end.

Buck and Brady play favorites.  Not a good way to build a winning environment when on-field results mean nothing.  At least Davis is not playing today.  

Archived