Buck losing the Clubhouse?

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bradysburns said:

I don't understand how Brady jumps from "roving jock" to heading the entire organization. 

That circumvents whole categories of activity and experience that are normally required to oversee a baseball team.

This in itself is a sign that the Orioles' former driver has fallen asleep (Angelos), and several people are jerking on the wheel. Yay! 

Even Brady doesn't like Brady.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Really simple: Mr. Angelos trusts him and he's probably been loyal and has made some solid recommendations over the years. Now Duquette is a different story.

I trust my garbage man, but I'm not asking him for financial advice. 

16 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Really simple: Mr. Angelos trusts him and he's probably been loyal and has made some solid recommendations over the years. Now Duquette is a different story.

Such as? I'd like to know what decisions/recommendations Brady has made that turned out well for the team. The ones that have been reported -- signing O'Day and Davis, "fixing" Mike Wright, and possibly not making trades for Manny and Zach -- don't look too good. What are the beneficial moves or input to which Brady would point if he were presenting himself as a job candidate the way normal people do?

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Such as? I'd like to know what decisions/recommendations Brady has made that turned out well for the team. The ones that have been reported -- signing O'Day and Davis, "fixing" Mike Wright, and possibly not making trades for Manny and Zach -- don't look too good. What are the beneficial moves or input to which Brady would point if he were presenting himself as a job candidate the way normal people do?

Wasn't he also responsible for Reimold being on the team every year? 

12 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Brady should be jettisoned for the Davis signing alone , if it was his advice that got it done. Talk about bad advice. 

On 5/21/2018 at 11:08 PM, Rene88 said:

Why is Celeb the bad guy for saying that? (I know you may not agree) just trying to understand. Is it just keeping things “in house”?

He's not a bad guy.  He was too honest.  Remember the other remark?  It was the Bi-line to the article title in the Sun story.  "...the players need to look in the mirror."  That might not have sat very well with some of Buck's guys, so out the door goes Caleb.  I think it's sad, but I tend to believe Jeremy Coleman's remark that Buck has lost the clubhouse.  In potentially catering to "his" guys, he's alienated the rest.

Also, someone needs to explain how we score 17 runs in a game with a group of non-starters, the b-team, and none of those guys have gotten a start or much more than a fill-in AB since.  When you're as bad as we are right now, you stick with what wins.  That group hasn't had another chance to do much of anything.  Sad.  If I were a player, THAT would piss me off.

17 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

This is absurd.  By that I mean your disdain for DD.  And he ain't perfect.  But if you truly believe even some of what you are writing, I'd ask two questions.

If Brady wanted Davis, Trumbo and Wright...and never advocated for removing DD.  What good are the "solid" recommendations?

If success with his position with the Orioles is because of Brady's "solid"recommendations, would you not expect him to have advocated for removal of DD since that is the big drag on success? 

36 minutes ago, atomic said:

Wasn't he also responsible for Reimold being on the team every year? 

He was responsible for not trading Reimold for Jason Bartlett in the 2010-11 offseason to fill our SS needs.    Instead we traded two stiffs for JJ Hardy.    Reimold had a decent 2011 and was off to a fantastic start in 2012 when he injured his neck while making a sliding catch.   So, I’d say Brady made a very good call there, though Reimold’s career was subsequently derailed.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

He was responsible for not trading Reimold for Reid Brignac in the 2010-11 offseason to fill our SS needs.    Instead we traded two stiffs for JJ Hardy.    Reimold had a decent 2011 and was off to a fantastic start in 2012 when he injured his neck while making a sliding catch.   So, I’d say Brady made a very good call there, though Reimold’s career was subsequently derailed.   

Reimold couldn't field to save his life.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He was responsible for not trading Reimold for Jason Bartlett in the 2010-11 offseason to fill our SS needs.    Instead we traded two stiffs for JJ Hardy.    Reimold had a decent 2011 and was off to a fantastic start in 2012 when he injured his neck while making a sliding catch.   So, I’d say Brady made a very good call there, though Reimold’s career was subsequently derailed.   

Brady's call was to keep Reimold not against Bartlett, No?  His call was poor.  The end result worked because AM got Hardy and that worked really well.

I point this out because, Brady's strong characteristics are 1) believing in "our guys".  He want's to keep em all.

Reimold

Wright

Davis 

Trumbo

Tillman

Manny

Britton

And 2) selling the Orioles as a destination.

I appreciate those skills, but they are a big part what is wrong.

Archived