• Dizziness
  • Sweating

Serious Side Effects of Vyvanse

• Spike in blood pressure
  • Racing heartbeat
  • Stunted growth (children)
  • Poor circulation
  • Tourette's syndrome

Was just reading that here. https://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/vyvanse-crash#withdrawal

Scary stuff. And apparently it can be addictive. 

More serious side effects can include:

• hallucinations, or seeing or hearing things that aren’t there
  • delusions, or believing things that aren’t true
  • paranoia, or having strong feelings of suspicion
  • increased blood pressure and heart rate
  • heart attackstroke, and sudden death (your risk of these problems is higher if you have heart problems or heart disease)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe this is it, Davis can't even track the ball on his meds.  MLB just just let him and others with ADHD take adderall.  Seems like the better alternative.  

Before I even read this link (sometime last night when the clip showed Davis looking at something besides the ball), it occurred to me to wonder if this illness is has gotten to this point as to where the meds are making him see things or is so distracted even the smallest distraction appears more important than focusing on the ball.. And there it is. 

Maybe he’s built up such a tolerance that the original symptoms of ADHD are back in addition to the side effects?

39 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Before I even read this link (sometime last night when the clip showed Davis looking at something besides the ball), it occurred to me to wonder if this illness is has gotten to this point as to where the meds are making him see things or is so distracted even the smallest distraction appears more important than focusing on the ball.. And there it is. 

Maybe he’s built up such a tolerance that the original symptoms of ADHD are back in addition to the side effects?

Or maybe there's nothing wrong with him at all. Maybe Davis had a couple of fluke years. Or the league adjusted to him and now he can't readjust. Or...Davis just isn't very good, period.

Bravo to Jim Palmer. Only criticism I have in what Palmer said is he didn't say it sooner. If Davis was playing in NY, he'd be boo'd every plate appearance. And now Davis is "disappointed" with Coolbaugh and Palmer for calling him out? Geez, get over it you baby.

1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

Was just reading that here. https://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/vyvanse-crash#withdrawal

Scary stuff. And apparently it can be addictive. 

More serious side effects can include:

• hallucinations, or seeing or hearing things that aren’t there
  • delusions, or believing things that aren’t true
  • paranoia, or having strong feelings of suspicion
  • increased blood pressure and heart rate
  • heart attackstroke, and sudden death (your risk of these problems is higher if you have heart problems or heart disease)

Full disclosure, Adderall has pretty much the same side effects.  I know, because I was on Adderall and other ADD medication as a teenager.  (I still have ADD but I couldn't deal with the side effects so I just learn to live with it.)

1 hour ago, Hallas said:

Full disclosure, Adderall has pretty much the same side effects.  I know, because I was on Adderall and other ADD medication as a teenager.  (I still have ADD but I couldn't deal with the side effects so I just learn to live with it.)

Similar meds, similar side effects... makes sense

I think Palmer did a real service for the team by bringing this out in the open.  Now maybe it gets addressed.

Davis is being paid 23m per year to hit homers.  He knows that.  He has said in the passed that bunts and singles to the off field helps the other team.  They want him to go away from trying to hit homers.  In Davis' mind he is not as dangerous when is does that.   

The league adjusted to Davis a long time ago.  Shifting the defense to the right side of the field.   Davis has yet to successfully adjust to that change.

Last year Davis was criticized for being too passive at the plate.  Taking too many called third  strikes.  Over the winter he changed his mental approach to be more aggressive.  Coolbaugh helped by talking with Davis about how to be more aggressive.   Davis thought that would fix the problem.  It has not.

I don't think any one is lying here.   I think Davis works hard to hit ball hard.   However, the defense is catching what he hits.  Davis considers that if he hits the ball hard its a good sign.    But  its not producing better results because he has not made the physical adjust to hit to the other side.    Its really  Davis' mind set that is holding him back.  He believes the has to hit the homers to earn the money from his contract.   The defense shifts have countered that.

Coolbaugh sees he problem but he has not been able to change Chris' mind up till now.   Palmer's comments forces the issue.  Now Davis has to do more self evaluation.   Maybe he will be more open to changing his style.

11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s so bad I’m 100% convinced a 53 years old Raffy Palmeiro would easily out slug Davis.  

I really believe the O's should just sign him for the year.  We're done, and he can probably DH as well as any of our DHs.  I think that might be the only thing that draws me to a live game this year.

For all that were signing for Davis I am not sure what you are upset about he was awful in 2014.  You knew what you were getting. You got it.  Stop dreaming about him retiring or the Orioles releasing him.  The current management will play him into the ground because they recommended signing him.  They can't say whoops sorry about my 140 million dollar mistake.   Buck has probably convinced himself that playing Davis in the 5th spot is going to help him get out of his "slump".

Davis is not very bright guy as he actually believe other teams want him to bunt.  So he probably can't grasp that he needs to change.  Even in his best days he was striking out because he was going for home runs with two strikes in situations where just getting on base would help the team.  This is what you wanted live with it. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

For all that were signing for Davis I am not sure what you are upset about he was awful in 2014.  You knew what you were getting. You got it.  Stop dreaming about him retiring or the Orioles releasing him.  The current management will play him into the ground because they recommended signing him.  They can't say whoops sorry about my 140 million dollar mistake.   Buck has probably convinced himself that playing Davis in the 5th spot is going to help him get out of his "slump".

Davis is not very bright guy as he actually believe other teams want him to bunt.  So he probably can't grasp that he needs to change.  Even in his best days he was striking out because he was going for home runs with two strikes in situations where just getting on base would help the team.  This is what you wanted live with it. 

Nonsense, Davis will improve or be released.  It may not be on a timeframe that you or I would use, but I will guarantee that we do not watch Chris Davis in the lineup daily for 4.5 years batting .150.  It's just not going to happen.

What you are doing above is poking fun at anyone who thought signing Davis for 7/161 was a good idea.  Even if you take all who wanted Davis resigned, not many thought the contract was good.  Very few expected the collapse to be as soon or as deep.  There just aren't that many people in the camp you are ridiculing.  Unfortunately at least one of those people got the O's to agree to this deal.

But know this.  Davis will not retire, MLB won't allow that.  He got his money and he deserves to keep it.  The Orioles will eventually release him, but they will pay him.  So...as long as we suck, doesn't it make sense to try and figure out what the hell went wrong before you swallow and choke on the contract?

Either Davis is completely spent and not a MLB player any longer (very possible) or something that is fixable or curable is messing him up.  I'm gonna try everything I can to turn this around before year end.  After that....I'd move on. 

28 minutes ago, atomic said:

For all that were signing for Davis I am not sure what you are upset about he was awful in 2014.  You knew what you were getting. You got it. 

I was not in favor of the Davis deal.   But let’s be clear, Davis is WAY worse now that he was in 2014, which was an outlier year to that point in his Orioles career.

2014: .196/.300/.404, 26 HR 72 RBI, 1.7 rWAR

2016: .231/.332/.459, 38 HR, 84 RBI, 3.3 rWAR

2017: .215/.309/.423, 26 HR, 61 RBI, -0.1 rWAR

2018: .154/.240/.250, 4 HR, 13 RBI, -1.4 rWAR

By the way, his dWAR in these years goes: 0.4, -0.2, -1.3, -0.4 (less than 1/3 through the season).

12 hours ago, atomic said:

I don't know why people expect to give up the money he is owed.  He is here the next 4 1/2 years get used to it.  And as long as Buck is here he will start and bat 5th.  

No He Won’t. 

Archived