Manny Machado trade: Five sensible proposals

joew

Looking at the USA report on what they think sensible proposals are that it seems we can get some material pieces back for Manny. If the NYY trade is even close, the O's have to jump all over that deal despite ownership's preferences. I kind of ranked what I thought was best to last. Any opinions or thoughts?

1) NYY Proposal: 3B Miguel Andujar, LHP Jordan Montgomery and LHP Justus Sheffield (minors)

2) LAD Proposal: OF Alex Verdugo, RHP Brock Stewart and RHP Dennis Santana (minors) 

3) ATL Proposal: LHP Max Fried and 3B Austin Riley (minors)

4) AZ Proposal: RHP Jon Duplantier (minors) and SS Jasrado Chisholm (minors)

5) Cubs Proposal: SS Addison Russell and LHP Brendon Little (minors)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/05/23/manny-machado-trade-orioles/637252002/

30 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Ludicrous really. Who dreams this #### up. LOL

Would you rather talk about the depressing situation with Davis?  This is the only stuff most fans can get excited about.  I say post away re: Manny trades.

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

If they could get that package from the Yankees, I'd have jumped on it already.   I highly doubt that's what they would offer, though.

Agreed.  The Braves one is solid too.  Dodgers as well.

58 minutes ago, joew said:

Looking at the USA report on what they think sensible proposals are that it seems we can get some material pieces back for Manny. If the NYY trade is even close, the O's have to jump all over that deal despite ownership's preferences. I kind of ranked what I thought was best to last. Any opinions or thoughts?

1) NYY Proposal: 3B Miguel Andujar, LHP Jordan Montgomery and LHP Justus Sheffield (minors)

2) LAD Proposal: OF Alex Verdugo, RHP Brock Stewart and RHP Dennis Santana (minors) 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/05/23/manny-machado-trade-orioles/637252002/

I think any deals with the D-Backs need to be centered around Marte (AZ) or Happ / Baez (CHC). Also don't see Braves parting with Riley for a 4 month rental. They're very high on him. The NYY deal is probably too much and the LAD deal is probably a little underwhelming. 

I'm amazed how none of these sources link the Cards to Machado. It seems like such an obvious fit. 

1 hour ago, joew said:

These packages seem to greatly vary in value, at least to me.

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think any deals with the D-Backs need to be centered around Marte (AZ) or Happ / Baez (CHC). Also don't see Braves parting with Riley for a 4 month rental. They're very high on him. The NYY deal is probably too much and the LAD deal is probably a little underwhelming. 

I'm amazed how none of these sources link the Cards to Machado. It seems like such an obvious fit. 

Yeah, I know the Braves are excited that they're playing well, but they've been steadfast in committing to building out their future. Can't see them moving key prospects for a few months of Manny Machado.

O's are much better off trying to deal him to a team that at least thinks they have a pipedream of retaining him - could eek out a little more value if, say, the Cubs were going to immediately start negotiating a possible extension prior to FA.

Archived