Stewart, Mullins, Mancini: Time to make some moves

wildcard

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

A ground ball machine. Not driving the ball like we used to see.Had the homer but most little pop flies and tons of grounders. One double for the month is Davis like.

But he's a good story so let's give him a few month months to figure things out.

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

A ground ball machine. Not driving the ball like we used to see.Had the homer but most little pop flies and tons of grounders. One double for the month is Davis like.

At least we are not paying Trey through 2037. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not yet, just wait until Roy starts advocating signing him to a big free agent deal.

A bargain at the price!

I don't think he is a bad ballplayer but people were saying you can build around him He is an average first baseman that is going through the sophomore slump.Putting him in  the outfield makes him even worse.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

I don't think he is a bad ballplayer but people were saying you can build around him He is an average first baseman that is going through the sophomore slump.Putting him in  the outfield makes him even worse.

He's probably a .5-2.5 win guy.  Useful enough as long as he isn't expensive.  But I don't think he should be exempt from being set down.  Right now his bat isn't carrying his glove.

22 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Even Wildcard said to dump him!  Bring on the rookies!  ?

I didn't say dump Trey.    I said DL  him  or option  him to let him work it out at AAA.   But that was before  it was announced that Stewart was injured.  Now we just have to ride out the slump with Trey.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He's probably a .5-2.5 win guy.  Useful enough as long as he isn't expensive.  But I don't think he should be exempt from being set down.  Right now his bat isn't carrying his glove.

It’s not his fault we chose to pay Dacis and Trumbo. He’d be pretty good avoiding tough RHP and in his right role. Look at Valencia and Pedro Alvarez. Both have been .800 OPS all year because they are being used in matchups, not forced out of position, and not hitting vs tough same side pitching. 

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I didn't say dump Trey.    I said DL  him  or option  him to let him work it out at AAA.   But that was before  it was announced that Stewart was injured.  Now we just have to ride out the slump with Trey.

I missed the official word, how bad is it?

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s not his fault we chose to pay Dacis and Trumbo. He’d be pretty good avoiding tough RHP and in his right role. Look at Valencia and Pedro Alvarez. Both have been .800 OPS all year because they are being used in matchups, not forced out of position, and not hitting vs tough same side pitching. 

I never said it was his fault.

I'm just saying he shouldn't be exempted from being sent down to work on things.  He's got options.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But does he need to be in the majors to do it?  Right now he isn't doing anything well.

I guess you're right (I know, I know, you always are).  But I don't see the harm in letting him figure it out here.  There's no playoff race that he's impacting with his bad play.  

This is a 65 win team no matter who's playing, is my point.  If you want Mancini down, I'm not going to argue hard that he should be in Baltimore.  

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I missed the official word, how bad is it?

From Roch:

* Triple-A Norfolk outfielder DJ Stewart remains out with a sore hamstring. He was removed from Saturday’s game, but not before hitting his sixth home run.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/05/does-memorial-day-marker-move-orioles-toward-massive-changes.html

Archived