Peterson Question

Rene88

I haven’t been watching as carefully as years past but why does Peterson keep playing? Does he have big upside? Amazing glove? He can’t hit a lick...curious what posters think. I know it doesn’t really matter all that much at this point but was curious. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I haven’t been watching as carefully as years past but why does Peterson keep playing? Does he have big upside? Amazing glove? He can’t hit a lick...curious what posters think. I know it doesn’t really matter all that much at this point but was curious. Thank you.

I don't think any of the other choices are any better.  Someone has to play.

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

I think it's as simple as good glove and lack of better options. I don't think they expect him to turn into anything else. 

Would he actually be better than Dosch or Corbin Joseph? Glove maybe but their AAA and AA averages should translate to better than Jace is hitting.

1 hour ago, Pheasants said:

Would he actually be better than Dosch or Corbin Joseph? Glove maybe but their AAA and AA averages should translate to better than Jace is hitting.

Steve Wilkerson comes back Wednesday from suspension and will be in Norfolk. That might make Renato Nunez or Drew Dosch come up. There is still 1 opening on the 40 and a second that can be opened.

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Steve Wilkerson comes back Wednesday from suspension and will be in Norfolk. That might make Renato Nunez or Drew Dosch come up. There is still 1 opening on the 40 and a second that can be opened.

Forgot all about Wilkerson. Peterson has helped stabilize the defense, but we need to start seeing if Wilkerson, Dosch, and Corban Joseph are anything at 3rd up here. 

24 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Nunez is batting .319 and is having another great game tonight. He is the guy that deserves a long look IMO.

Drew Dosch is almost at .300 and has played more games than Nunez and has more at bats.

Nunez is the current "Dumpster Diving Flavor of the Month."

7 hours ago, eddie83 said:

He is somewhat young and doesn’t make any money. Have poor options otherwise. My bet is they want to see if he is a utility option moving forward. He also adds some athleticism to the team.  

To bad he can’t be a DH/1b. They say you can never have enough of those. 

10 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Drew Dosch is almost at .300 and has played more games than Nunez and has more at bats.

Nunez is the current "Dumpster Diving Flavor of the Month."

I've heard from a scout who likes the Nunez move, nothing special, but a nice power bat to have sitting as AAA depth.

Archived