Trade Deadline Chatter Thread: Top 20 Targets

Rene88

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This interesting

"The price tag won’t be nearly as high as wildly anticipated considering no one provided the Orioles with a strong offer in December, when teams would have had him for an entire season and not just two months."

Some people were convinced the FO had turned down good deals. 

10 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

4 players traded...

Machado to Philiadelphia.

Britton to Houston (lol)

Brach to LA Angels

Jones to Seattle

I'm not sure I'd lol the Britton to Houston projection. They're in the same boat they were last season. They clearly don't trust Giles as their closer. Maybe we can actually get something done this time!

If we trade Machado to the Phillies my fear is that Franco would be the main piece in the deal and that would be #bad. Hopefully the Orioles are smart enough to not worry about getting a 3b back and just target young talent, like Sixto Sanchez.

39 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'm not sure I'd lol the Britton to Houston projection. They're in the same boat they were last season. They clearly don't trust Giles as their closer. Maybe we can actually get something done this time!

If we trade Machado to the Phillies my fear is that Franco would be the main piece in the deal and that would be #bad. Hopefully the Orioles are smart enough to not worry about getting a 3b back and just target young talent, like Sixto Sanchez.

Thankfully, I don't see them giving us Franco for a Manny rental.  Manny will play SS there and Franco can stay at third.  If we were to get Franco though, I'd be disgusted.

And I doubt we get Sanchez.  I'd be shocked.  I think we could get a guy like Zac Eflin and a few prospects for Manny if we trade with Philly.

Teams won't be selling the farm for Manny.  Especially not a young team just finishing their rebuild like the Braves or Phillies.

1 hour ago, Fuzzball22 said:

This interesting

"The price tag won’t be nearly as high as wildly anticipated considering no one provided the Orioles with a strong offer in December, when teams would have had him for an entire season and not just two months."

And thats why the FO didnt trade him. Not due to total incompetence.   Well, maybe this stumbling bumbling group of dysfunctional idiots and old school out of touch Buck just lucked into having the best record in the AL for an approx 5 year period are total buffoons.  

1 hour ago, orioles119 said:

4 players traded...

Machado to Philiadelphia.

Britton to Houston (lol)

Brach to LA Angels

Jones to Seattle

I think Valencia, Givens, Schoop and a dark horse Gausman are also possibilities.  I think it's Jones to Philly and Machado to Atlanta.  Brach could go tomorrow to the Indians.

1 hour ago, Fuzzball22 said:

This interesting

They probably did. We are dealing with Angelos. I still hold out hope that Angelos will allow DD to trade Manny but I have serious doubts he will. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzball22 said:

This interesting

I believe they did. This is just a mainstream article. I wouldn’t read much into credibility. 

In a season that continues to take worst possible outcomes and leverage them down...I am surprised that we continue to write about will they or won't they trade these 4 guys.  That is not my concern as my only concern is who is making decisions and what is the purpose or goal, of said decision makers.

You see boys and girls, we lament whether Potter will trade Manny or or Britton or Brach or Jones.

I think not only will they, but they most certainly will.  This season is toast and none of those people will be here next year.  No, they are all going to get moved.  But the purpose of moving, is what our focus should be.  We assume young, controllable potential studs....raining down from Phillies, Yankees Dodgers Cubs etc,  Then we fret whether the old man will say yes....

My concern is that the old man has said yes already, due to the season being lost.  My concern is that the purpose is to reload so that we can go for it.  In 2019.

In my opinion, the very reason we are where we are is because of competing goals in our dysfunctional set of decision makers.  Buck and Brady like our guys and want to win now.  DD has always said he would win now...but has been more open to moving on from players...like Markakis, Davis, Trumbo, Jim Johnson.  

Some of these have worked and obviously some have not.  But know this...

This team is not close to competing.  It should be better at pitching, but it is terrible at defense, opb, and situational options.  Moving these four people for similar guys or slightly worse, who have more than one year...will give us more of what we have now...but just allow us to sell tickets.

If someone, ownership or front office, does not call out openly that we have failed and we are going to take whatever steps are necessary to rebuild, in the way that AM was allowed...then we have learned nothing at all from our rise from the ashes and will be doomed to continued failure.  More 30-3 games.  More players falling down while running the bases, more mother's day massacres. 

No, most here are looking for trade announcements from the Orioles and hoping we win.  To me, if we can't acknowledge our position, honestly and utter the word accountability, it will be sorta like last night.  It really doesn't matter who Buck sends up in the 9th...

This has become a complete wicked circle.  It's not DD's fault, he isn't allowed to do his job.  It's not Brady's fault, he is just giving advice to help the team.  It's not Buck's fault...no one could win with that roster.

Either someone owns this or they all do.  Until someone steps forward and talks of accountability,  I have to no choice but to assume it's all of them together.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think Valencia, Givens, Schoop and a dark horse Gausman are also possibilities.  I think it's Jones to Philly and Machado to Atlanta.  Brach could go tomorrow to the Indians.

I don’t think you trade Givens unless he gets on fire and is traded at peak. 

He really hasn’t pitched well this year so far.

46 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t think you trade Givens unless he gets on fire and is traded at peak. 

He really hasn’t pitched well this year so far.

Sure.  But in the past he has been asked about the most.  Sometimes teams just need that guy and will overpay one or two years later regardless of current production.

Archived