Eduardo Encina: Pedro Araujo’s Spot in Jeopardy?

Rene88

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They can't work a trade if they desperately need to keep this middle relief depth guy in the organization?

Every time they pull something like this it takes a little bit of respect away.  Is Araujo worth that?

So now they should give away talent for a player who has pitched himself out of the majors instead of having him not pitch for a few weeks with a phantom injury? 

Whose respect is taken? 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does anyone think this guy is a future significant piece?

He just looks like any other arm to me, the kind you can pick up any offseason for minimal investment.

Six weeks on the shelf with a phantom injury IS a minimal investment. He could certainly be a quality 7th-9th inning reliever in two years. He has a minor league K/9 of about 12 since becoming a full time reliever in 2015, he definitely could be a significant part of a bullpen.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

So now they should give away talent for a player who has pitched himself out of the majors instead of having him not pitch for a few weeks with a phantom injury? 

Whose respect is taken? 

Or they could, you know, try and trade for him.

If they think that highly of his talent.

Sorry, I'm not going to back down on the fact that I lose a bit of respect every time I think the Orioles lie and cheat the system.  It is easy to dismiss it as "gamesmanship" but in reality it's cheating. 

Unless of course he's actually hurt of course, in which case it's an unfortunate coincidence.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Six weeks on the shelf with a phantom injury IS a minimal investment. He could certainly be a quality 7th-9th inning reliever in two years. He has a minor league K/9 of about 12 since becoming a full time reliever in 2015, he definitely could be a significant part of a bullpen.

Replace definitely with there is a fairly remote chance and I'll agree with you.

Shouldn't a 23 year old in high A be putting up some good numbers?

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Even if he is nothing, it’s 16 days...but they did the right thing thankfully. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or they could, you know, try and trade for him.

If they think that highly of his talent.

Sorry, I'm not going to back down on the fact that I lose a bit of respect every time I think the Orioles lie and cheat the system.  It is easy to dismiss it as "gamesmanship" but in reality it's cheating. 

Unless of course he's actually hurt of course, in which case it's an unfortunate coincidence.

The other 29 teams are all classy? Cheat in International markets, under the table deals, etc. 

The Cubs pulled a fast one on Tampa. 

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, for 16 days it doesn't make much sense. If they do make a move, they will put him on the DL, eventually send him on minor league rehab, then bring him back in September or before if the need arises.

Great call Tony!!!

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The timing is sure to raise some eyebrows, especially after Rasmus and Tillman were DL'ed under shady circumstances too.

But...If he does end up needing surgery, then the question becomes: How long was he pitching hurt?

I am confident Rasmus is hurt.

Archived