Watch out for the Royals

JR Oriole

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royals now tied with us in the loss column, with two more wins so we’re a game behind. Gotta think that with our schedule the Orioles will....pull away sooner or later. I’d hate to think that we could lose 116 games and NOT get the #1 pick next year. 

And the White Sox are 24-47.....I don't know what is more amazing.  Having three teams on pace to lose 108 or more games or having two of them in the same division where every team except the division leader is below .500 and even the leader has a weak record.  If the Royals screw us again, I am going to be really ticked off.  They already started making trades, which perhaps our leadership isn't aware can occur before the end of July.

17 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Even with the (hopefully) impending trades of some key talent, my gut says KC and the White Sox will take the top two spots. 

White Sox and Royals play each other a lot.   Someone has to win those games.   I can't see us beating anyone in our division. Unless we change managers I think last place is safe 

The Royals moved ahead of us in the loss column last night, losing their 9th game in a row and 15th out of 16.    They are 22-52 while the O’s are 21-51.   We still have the worse winning percentage, and with two more game to play, could easily lose both and “pass” the Royals.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

The Royals moved ahead of us in the loss column last night, losing their 9th game in a row and 15th out of 16.    They are 22-52 while the O’s are 21-51.   We still have the worse winning percentage, and with two more game to play, could easily lose both and “pass” the Royals.  

They just lost all 8 games of a homestand, 5 of which were against horrible teams.  Have you looked at their schedule?  Where do the wins come from?  They may not win again until they go to Minnesota during the second week of July. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

On a side note KC’s MiL system is in worse shape than ours. 

I thought the ChiSox would be a little more competitive this year. Looking only at ERA, Kopech hasn’t been great in the minors either.  

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I thought the ChiSox would be a little more competitive this year. Looking only at ERA, Kopech hasn’t been great in the minors either.  

He’s still young, but Moancada isn’t turning out to be quite the beast he was hyped up to be — yet.  Still plenty of time, though.  

7 minutes ago, vab said:

We're going to lose a losing contest too?

Cant imagine Orioles finishing with a better record playing the AL East. Trading Machado is going to impact the offense too. Im not worried yet unless the bats start waking up and our starters start pitching much better, which could still happen. 

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Chris Davis should be back soon and once again helping us on our quest to be worse than the Royals. 

32 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Cant imagine Orioles finishing with a better record playing the AL East. Trading Machado is going to impact the offense too. Im not worried yet unless the bats start waking up and our starters start pitching much better, which could still happen. 

Good chance the Orioles screw that up and Machado finishes the year as an Oriole.

Archived