Bad News About Richard Bleier: But Lesson Here-Don't Wait for Players to Get Injured

Rene88

6 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I don’t think Bleier is really a traceable piece is he? He’s got a couple years of cost controlled service time left. His value is probably best served with us rather than guessing on a couple of HiA low rank prospects.

I think he would have gotten you something decent. Lights out and cheap and controllable. 

10 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I think he would have gotten you something decent. Lights out and cheap and controllable. 

Eh I wouldn't call  4.1 K/9 lights out exactly.  I know he was our best reliever, but I think we might be over-valuing him a bit on the market. Still a shame that he won't net us anything now.  And most importantly, a shame that his season is over.  Hate to see it.

15 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

In a month he would have. Not yet. They are not trading for unusual relievers yet. 

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Bleier is not a free agent until. I am fine with the O's holding on to him. If he continues to perform, he will continue to increase his value. 

This. Bleier was not on my list of must trade players. That list belongs to Manny, Jones, Britton and Brach.

14 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

I think at this point Bleier is a three year wonder.

Agreed.  I think he has established himself as a dependable LOOGY, and with the team control left and his cheap salary, I think he would have netted a  prospect return similar to the the likes of what we will get for Adam Jones. 

Archived