30 wins or August 1?

HokieOs

4 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

As historically terrible as it has been, there have been stretches better than .250 ball even if it doesn't seem like it.

Games 1-24, 6-18
Games 25-48, 9-15
Games 49-72, 6-18

Rest of July
4 vs NYY
1 vs PHI
3 vs TEX
3 @ TOR
3 vs BOS
4 vs TBR
1 @ NYY

15 of 19 at home.  That's good.  Or is it?  The Orioles have lost 16 of the last 18 home games.  MY SWAG is the Orioles end the month 30-78.

I see them at 28 wins at the end of the month.  Getting swept convincingly by the Twins in a 4 game set is terrible.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I see them at 28 wins at the end of the month.  Getting swept convincingly by the Twins in a 4 game set is terrible.

I had them at a loss today even when the score was 2-0.  1 vs NYY, 2 vs TEX, 1 vs BOS, 1 vs TOR, 1 vs TB = 6 wins.  Considering that the team has been swept in 14 series already this year, yeah, I might be very generous with my guesstimates.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I’m still hoping KC catches a hot streak. They’re doing their best to grab that #1 pick, but we’re still 2.5 games “up” on them.

I think they had their hot streak. After All Star break had won three in a row and was leading the Tigers, 4-2 in the ninth but blew it. But still won 4 of 5.Now losing again and playing the Yankees. 

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I’m still hoping KC catches a hot streak. They’re doing their best to grab that #1 pick, but we’re still 2.5 games “up” on them.

Yeah will be a big series at the end of August.  3 game series with them may make a difference though as bad as both are cant see anyone sweeping the 3 game series.  

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Yeah will be a big series at the end of August.  3 game series with them may make a difference though as bad as both are cant see anyone sweeping the 3 game series.  

I can see us doing that, it'd be the most Orioles thing ever.  

Archived