Sisco optioned to Norfolk

SteveA

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Quality?

I think folks overestimate how good Mancini's 2017 was.

And Sisco's 2018 has been no where near as bad as Mancini's.

Yes you think Buck is using favoritism to keep Trey up but you use the complete opposite.  You whine about him all the time and complain about his defense. It is not his fault he has to play LF.  Last year he hit .293 had 24 homers and 54 extra base hits and an .826 Ops as a rookie.  Yet say it was not a quality year.  He finished third in baseball in rookie ops.  Only behind Judge and Bellinger ahead of Benintendi and Gurreil.   He finished in the top 20 in Ops compared to all outfielders ahead of guys like Betts, Cain and Yellich.

7 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Yes you think Buck is using favoritism to keep Trey up but you use the complete opposite.  You whine about him all the time and complain about his defense. It is not his fault he has to play LF.  Last year he hit .293 had 24 homers and 54 extra base hits and an .826 Ops as a rookie.  Yet say it was not a quality year.  He finished third in baseball in rookie ops.  Only behind Judge and Bellinger ahead of Benintendi and Gurreil.   He finished in the top 20 in Ops compared to all outfielders ahead of guys like Betts, Cain and Yellich.

So? His defense dragged his offense down.  I'm not blaming him but that is the reality of the situation.

He had an OK year last year, was a good value.

He's been terrible this year and he's hurting the team.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, I just don't like it when Buck's favoritism causes him to act in an inconsistent manner.

I don’t see this as a case of favoritism.     Sending Mancini down has certain consequences — the most likely people to take his place aren’t on the 40-man roster.    And who says this is Buck’s decision?

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t see this as a case of favoritism.     Sending Mancini down has certain consequences — the most likely people to take his place aren’t on the 40-man roster.    And who says this is Buck’s decision?

I'm sure I saw it said that Buck is in charge of his 25 man roster.

If ever a team existed that could drop someone from the 40 man it's the 2018 Orioles.

8 hours ago, oceanicvoyage said:

Maybe they think pitchers get better results with Caleb at catcher and this will boost their trade value. 

Also, it's exactly 45 days to July 31 which someone said is how much to get the extra year. 

Sisco had 31days of service time prior to the year. He has played 81 days so far this year.  So that is 112. A full service year is 172 days. If my math is correct he has to stay down until August 3rd to get the extra year. He is 60 days away. 

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

So? His defense dragged his offense down.  I'm not blaming him but that is the reality of the situation.

He had an OK year last year, was a good value.

He's been terrible this year and he's hurting the team.

I just don’t get comparing two different players who play two different positions.  

If they send down Mancini so be it. I just don’t get the argument that if one player gets sent down so should someone else. Trey did have a full season of production. Sisco’s production is a SSS of decent defensive WAR and a solid OBP. He is 23 and certainly not polished and has been striking out at an alarming rate. 

If they are ready to bring the young OF up then why does it look like Rasmus is coming back? Why are both Rickard and Gentry still here?

Over half the position players are hurting the team.   

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I just don’t get comparing two different players who play two different positions.  

If they send down Mancini so be it. I just don’t get the argument that if one player gets sent down so should someone else. Trey did have a full season of production. Sisco’s production is a SSS of decent defensive WAR and a solid OBP. He is 23 and certainly not polished and has been striking out at an alarming rate. 

If they are ready to bring the young OF up then why does it look like Rasmus is coming back? Why are both Rickard and Gentry still here?

Over half the position players are hurting the team.   

Because Buck controls the 25 man roster and he likes Rasmus.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Because Buck controls the 25 man roster and he likes Rasmus.  

I don’t care if he is The Godfather to Colby’s children. Even Buck knows Colby is not a part of the future here.  

What they are doing now is basically buying time until they are ready to bring the kids up and that may coincide with the trade deadline. 

Archived