Sisco optioned to Norfolk

SteveA

4 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I'm not sold on Sisco. I could see him being dealt away with new management team coming in.

If you aren't sold on Cisco than you aren't sold on any Orioles position player.  I think he has been pretty good for a rookie catcher.   

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, atomic said:

If a team is in dire need of a backup catcher you might get 25k for Joesph.  Really he has no value. 

Roughly 4 WAR through 4 seasons.........thank you very much!

That's worth at LEAST a C prospect!   and no i don't mean a catching prospect.

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Roughly 4 WAR through 4 seasons.........thank you very much!

That's worth at LEAST a C prospect!   and no i don't mean a catching prospect.

Right around 0 WAR last 3 seasons.   

2 hours ago, atomic said:

If a team is in dire need of a backup catcher you might get 25k for Joesph.  Really he has no value. 

No he doesn't. I'd kept Sisco in Baltimore. The team is going nowhere anyway. Bring up and keep up the young guys. 

59 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why does that bother people so much? Did it last a week?

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Why does that bother people so much? Did it last a week?

It must bother some fans. I like Buck and DD. They have their faults for sure. It's time for them to move on. Ownership is the main problem though. 

7 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Sure, let's send down the guy with the 3rd highest OBP on the team. Why not.

Markakis struggled mightly his rookie year until late June.  Sisco isn't lighting it up (who is on this team), I don't see why the Orioles don't keep giving him playing time. This team is going nowhere.  Give Sisco more time to figure it out, sometimes the light bulb comes on for young players and they start hitting.

17 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Markakis struggled mightly his rookie year until late June.  Sisco isn't lighting it up (who is on this team), I don't see why the Orioles don't keep giving him playing time. This team is going nowhere.  Give Sisco more time to figure it out, sometimes the light bulb comes on for young players and they start hitting.

Cal struggled at the beginning of his career too.   He had 40 at bats in 1981 where he hit in low 100s.   Next season on June 10 his OPS was only .685 and he was playing every day. 

God I am dreading hearing Jim Hunter's fun facts about Caleb Joseph and Corbin Joseph playing together in the big leagues.  I have to keep sharp objects away from myself, I might want to gouge out my ears.  

"CALEB and CORBIN are the SECOND brother combination to play for the Orioles after Cal and Billy Ripken.  Of course the Orioles also had Tim Raines and Tim Raines Jr. a father and son duo play together for the Birds back in 2001....but this marks the second time the Orioles have had a brother combination suit up together.  The Orioles sure do have a history of relatives playing together!"

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

God I am dreading hearing Jim Hunter's fun facts about Caleb Joseph and Corbin Joseph playing together in the big leagues.  I have to keep sharp objects away from myself, I might want to gouge out my ears.  

"CALEB and CORBIN are the SECOND brother combination to play for the Orioles after Cal and Billy Ripken.  Of course the Orioles also had Tim Raines and Tim Raines Jr. a father and son duo play together for the Birds back in 2001....but this marks the second time the Orioles have had a brother combination suit up together.  The Orioles sure do have a history of relatives playing together!"

Imagine if they both go on modest 3 game hitting streaks!!!  What is the record for dual hitting streaks for brothers? Great stuff.  

Archived