6/19 roster moves

Hallas

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

That or Wilkerson gets sent right back down. 

I assume for now they keep Valencia to trade him later. Could keep Peterson because he can play OF. The Joseph brothers playing together could be a quick reunion. 

I'd assume Corbin Joseph goes back down, unless Wilkerson really stinks in the 4 days before Becklham returns.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Alvarez may accept being outrighted to Norfolk.  The O's are paying him for the rest of the season anyway.

Hopefully they just send him on his way.  I don't see him playing another major league game unless it is with the Orioles.  I am not sure what team would want a .180 hitting out of shape DH.  

8 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Pedro's problem was that he was blocking Davis as last-resort LHed bat on the Orioles' bench. 

Yeah, I wonder if that means we may see Chris as a pinch hitter here and there now when a righty replaces a lefty?

36 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

They aren’t going to sit Davis forever. I don’t see where Corban Joseph fits once Chris is back.  

Bench could be

Valencia 

Peterson 

Gentry/Rickard

Backup C

Beckham starts at 3rd. 

Buck said Davis will be on the bench until he makes so me changes.  I doubt Davis makes any changes so I assume he will have a spot in the dugout for the next 4 1/2 years.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Hopefully they just send him on his way.  I don't see him playing another major league game unless it is with the Orioles.  I am not sure what team would want a .180 hitting out of shape DH.  

Dan's a crazy cat lady when it comes to players like Pedro.

Well, now my "The Case for Steve Wilkerson" post would be useless....

Also guys (and gals)  remember that the Orioles are on an interleague trip now. Wilkerson, with his versatility, provides a lot more bench flexability than Alvarez (double switches, ect)

Maybe now the starter would not have to bat with 2 outs if they are not pitching the next inning...

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, I wonder if that means we may see Chris as a pinch hitter here and there now when a righty replaces a lefty?

"Pinch batter" probably a better way to put it than "pinch hitter." But yeah, sometimes you need to use the whole roster in these NL games.

I guess the suspension didn't really hurt Wilkerson???? They say they want to clean the game up but time after time these guys get called right back (or up for the first time) as soon as the suspension is up. Sounds like the consequence need sto be stiffer. 

Archived