6/19 roster moves

Hallas

1 minute ago, zjsmith said:

I guess the suspension didn't really hurt Wilkerson???? They say they want to clean the game up but time after time these guys get called right back (or up for the first time) as soon as the suspension is up. Sounds like the consequence need sto be stiffer. 

He might have started the season as our utility infielder, so it could well have hurt him in that respect.

And his unavailability made us pursue and waste roster spots on the likes of Sardinas and Vielma.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, zjsmith said:

I guess the suspension didn't really hurt Wilkerson???? They say they want to clean the game up but time after time these guys get called right back (or up for the first time) as soon as the suspension is up. Sounds like the consequence need sto be stiffer. 

He served his suspension and lost money from likely being on the ML roster this year out of camp. He paid the price as prescribed. Time to move on.

1 hour ago, zjsmith said:

He served his time for a 1st offense. If he offends again, then I agree that there may need to be a stiffer first time penalty.  Let the man try to perform clean.

3 hours ago, Hallas said:

Alvarez being DFA is pretty surprising to me.  He was far from the worst player on the team and was probably a semi-useful piece.  Though any moves for 2018 don't really matter much.

They brought up another one of Bucks boys. Did Caleb just have to come up? I'd kept Sisco up. 

It's not about moving on and I don't have a dog in the fight. The question is has MLB's policy really cleaned up the game? Some guys have gotten some nice contracts after having served a suspension. I have to ask did these guys put themselves in position to make a roster by cheating? I don't know, but it is worth asking. Do anyone know if Wilkinson would even be in this position had he not used a banned substance.

4 minutes ago, zjsmith said:

It's not about moving on and I don't have a dog in the fight. The question is has MLB's policy really cleaned up the game? Some guys have gotten some nice contracts after having served a suspension. I have to ask did these guys put themselves in position to make a roster by cheating? I don't know, but it is worth asking. Do anyone know if Wilkinson would even be in this position had he not used a banned substance.

Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you have a dog in the fight.

Do you think the real priority was having a clean game or fixing the bad PR situation?

Do you think the other major sports are even as clean as MLB?

Folks will cheat.  I know folks that cheat at cards when we aren't even playing for money.  I know folks that can't play video games without cheat codes.

1 hour ago, zjsmith said:

Suspension? What suspension? 

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

They brought up another one of Bucks boys. Did Caleb just have to come up? I'd kept Sisco up. 

To be fair, when you're going to lose 115 games no matter which catcher you have up, you might as well bring up your boys, since you're gone at the end of the year anyway.

can of corn, it is just you. Really have no interest other than as a baseball fan. Why aren't all the roid guys in the hall of fame then? Why the outrage a few years back with A-Rod? I beleive the goal of the commissioner's office is to rid baseball of PEDs. You may not care but it seems the people in New York do, as well as lots of fans. If not then people need to quit acting like they do care.

1 minute ago, zjsmith said:

can of corn, it is just you. Really have no interest other than as a baseball fan. Why aren't all the roid guys in the hall of fame then? Why the outrage a few years back with A-Rod? I beleive the goal of the commissioner's office is to rid baseball of PEDs. You may not care but it seems the people in New York do, as well as lots of fans. If not then people need to quit acting like they do care.

If you would like to believe the same folks who turned a blind eye to PED use for decades suddenly care about the integrity of the game you go right ahead.

I will agree that a lot of baseball fans care.

Archived