Is it just me or is there almost nobody on the team you root for/actually like?

amdcpus

50 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

If they wear Orange and Black, I like them all personally ........ I hate them when they lose.

o

In all of my years of rooting for the Orioles (since October of 1971), the only player whom I disliked WHILE he was playing for the Orioles was Kevin Gregg.

o

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MagicBird said:

This whole year has been so bad that its hard to get excited about much.   But I dont resent any of the players or not root for them.  Its hard to root for any player tho in any significant way with the way things have gone so far.  Knowing Manny will be gone how can u get excited about anything Manny?   And the Fanfest stuff with him and Schoop makes it hard to respect those guys.

Im sure Im in the minority here, and maybe the only one, but Im rooting for Chris Davis.  Id love to see him turn it around.   Id like to see Trumbo do well.  But other than that we've got Bundy and then a whole lotta nothing to get excited about.

I'm with you on Davis. I don't like to see guys fail. 

If they are wearing pinstripes, it makes seeing failure a little easier. 

3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

In all of my years of rooting for the Orioles (since October of 1971), the only player whom I disliked WHILE he was playing for the Orioles was Kevin Gregg.

o

Not even Reggie?

13 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

9 minutes ago, Why Not? said:

Not even Reggie ???

o

8646776236_8c147dfaf1.jpg

o

5 minutes ago, Why Not? said:

I'm with you on Davis. I don't like to see guys fail. 

If they are wearing pinstripes, it makes seeing failure a little easier. 

If they wear pinstripes rooting for their failure is to be admired.   Watching them fail is enjoyable.

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

I did not like Albert Belle.    And while it would be too strong to say I disliked him, Wade Miley rubbed me the wrong way.   Just his body language and facial expressions on the mound, not anything about his actual personality, which I know little about.   

I root enthusiastically for Adam Jones, heart of this team, and I root for Gausman to have success.  Beyond those guys, I tend to root for the team as a whole, but don't care much one way or the other about individual performances...  This team is going to look very different in 2-3 years.  No point in investing a lot of emotional energy in guys that will be long gone by then...

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I did not like Albert Belle. And while it would be too strong to say I disliked him, Wade Miley rubbed me the wrong way. Just his body language and facial expressions on the mound, not anything about his actual personality, which I know little about.   

o

I can understand that.

We all have our own little quirks that prompt us to either love or hate/dislike certain players.

I think that the one thing that most Oriole fans have in common in regard to this subject/thread is that the players whom we dislike WHILE they are wearing the orange and back uniform are few and far between.

o

I like to root for Schoop, even though he completely tanked this year....

and Dylan Bundy was very nice to me when I met him in Frederick years ago...

I used to root for Machado, but I can't anymore because he's a lame duck moving on after this year and because he was a total tool at FanFest.

I love watching Bundy pitch; how badly a lot of hitter look swinging at that slider. He's a horse, and seems very mentally adept as a pitcher. It's a breath of fresh air for an organization that has had a dearth of TOR pitching talent.

I also do want to see Davis succeed. He was my favorite guy to watch even two seasons ago. Really ever since he had that one handed, broken bat HR. It's sad to watch how far he's nose dived off a cliff this year given that Ruthian 2013 season he had.

I get the OP’s point. We’re not only terrible, but we have basically no “prospects” on the team as well. Gausman has always underachieved. Everyone knows he will put it together once he leaves us. Bundy only has 3 more years with us after this one. Everyone else is about to be traded, a AAA(not AAAA) player, on a terrible contract, or has greatly underachieved. 

Yeah, that’s hard to root for. 

I don't invest much in what players I like, I invest in the team, I LONG ago gave up investing in players themselves they come and go like the wind in pro sports.

Sure I like some players more then others, but I look at them as part of the TEAM and that part may move on and not be part of the TEAM at ANY TIME.

And next year I think we may have LOTS of new parts.

Archived