Brady helped with plan to convert Yacabonis to starter

Going Underground

I don't mind this move, but does it really need a lot of attention?  Yac is a 26 year old fringe prospect, the O's need starters for 2019 if we are going full rebuild, so it seemed likely that things like this would happen.  Castro might get another shot too.  Ynoa is on his way back.  A few of these guys will probably get the call at some point.  Still ain't much to choose from, especially if we are trying to hold back on rushing our younger, more talented prospects, so bring on the AAAA players!  

Is Brady patting himself on the back for player moves (even if they end up being somewhat successful) that barely move the needle?  This team reminds me more and more of my late grandfather who spent his days rummaging Value Village and consignment shops for "finds."  To me this team fulfills the saying "penny smart, dollar stupid."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If I were an Orioles player or prospect, I would certainly make sure to have long, deep conversation with Brady. I would tell him about my hopes and dreams, longing for his advice on anything he wanted to advise me on.

Somehow I think my Baltimore opportunities will suddenly improve. ;)

But would your playing career over the long term?  I have to wonder if coaches up and down the organization aren't getting more and more nervous at Brady's ability to flit around here and there seemingly without restraint.  Maybe they're wondering if the organization's development strategy has moved from haphazard to nonexistent and it's better to stay out of the way.

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So John Wasdin is not part of the plan? Didn't Chiti and Wallace supposedly leave because of Brady interference? 

Funny, how you NEVER hear anything about Wasdin and his involvement. You'll get a Jeff Manto snippet here and there, but nothing on Wasdin. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

If I were an Orioles player or prospect, I would certainly make sure to have long, deep conversation with Brady. I would tell him about my hopes and dreams, longing for his advice on anything he wanted to advise me on.

Yea I'm actually thinking of reaching out to Brady myself. My dream of playing pro ball isn't dead yet.  30 years old with a 70 mph fastball is the new 18 years old with a 95 mph fastball, right?

You're a better man then me. I would just talk sideburns. 

Sure worked for Reimold and Wright. 

I wonder if Brady would accept President of Player Reclamation as his title?

Archived