Colby Rasmus placed on Restricted list

Legend_Of_Joey

10 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

I'm not saying Jay is amazing, I'm just pointing out how he would have been a significantly better choice than Rasmus.

He would have made zero difference to this team. Zero. You picked the wrong thing to bust the Os for. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, amdcpus said:

What a disaster of a signing. I guess Jon Jay didn't meet our standards though...

I wouldn't call this a disaster. More of a wasted signing. Chris Davis is a disaster signing. This was low risk, moderate reward. And we got no reward. In the scheme of this season, it's a meh.

And they were sooooo worried about maybe Nick having a bad fourth year, but the moronic outfielder signings since then have been endemic.  

And once again, is there anybody in this organization willing to say..”You know what, that signing was my idea and what the heck could I have been thinking? My bad, I apologize to the Oriole fans for signing this yahoo.”

Crickets.  The board seems to pretty much think this was all Buck.  Where are the Angelos haters that want to say...oh, it was a secret Angelos plot, he always coveted idiot right fielders with bad haircuts who can’t play...And of course Dan gets his usual,  “it wasn’t me, I just work here”  pass...cause he was just in the Warehouse playing Word for Friends and updating his resume when the signing of Rasmus was announced.  

The epic, farcical, tragic quality of this organization does have a humorous component to it. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

And they were sooooo worried about maybe Nick having a bad fourth year, but the moronic outfielder signings since then have been endemic.  

And once again, is there anybody in this organization willing to say..”You know what, that signing was my idea and what the heck could I have been thinking? My bad, I apologize to the Oriole fans for signing this yahoo.”

Crickets.  The board seems to pretty much think this was all Buck.  Where are the Angelos haters that want to say...oh, it was a secret Angelos plot, he always coveted idiot right fielders with bad haircuts who can’t play...And of course Dan gets his usual,  “it wasn’t me, I just work here”  pass...cause he was just in the Warehouse playing Word for Friends and updating his resume when the signing of Rasmus was announced.  

The epic, farcical, tragic quality of this organization does have a humorous component to it. 

Gross oversimplification of the issues.

Yes it was an awful signing and yes he was as bad as feared, but this should be celebratory!

Dude literally walked away - from the money and the playing time - two things that could be put to better use now.  This is an opportunity!!!

1 hour ago, atomic said:

What difference does it make?   It's not like it matters if we lose the game tonight. 

Why so negative?  Be positive!  Sun is shining, birds are chirping!

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The guy did us a favor by going home so far as I’m concerned.    There’s got to be a better use for that $1.5 mm at some point in the future.     Count me as happy, and I’ll live with the one day of playing short.  

There is a better use for that 1.5 million, it's called the international draft and the Orioles pissed all over it yesterday.  

In regards to Jon Jay vs. Rasmus, Jon Jay would have been the better signing, strictly from the perspective that he wasn't the one who quit on his team last year on a bum hip.  Jon Jay isn't a piker.  Colby Rasmus is a piker.

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Gross oversimplification of the issues.

My specialty.  Since no coherent explanation was ever offered to me by the Orioles as a customer, I just come to my own oversimplified distorted ones.  Was the fourth year for Nick not the complete and total issue?  It sure seemed that way to me.  That his supposed health neck issues spooked them to not want to risk a fourth year...were there other reasons?  I mean since being a warrior in our division winning year, being a true Oriole and team leader...none of that seemed to add up to squat in their calculations.  But maybe I misread the whole deal. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

My specialty.  Since no coherent explanation was ever offered to me by the Orioles as a customer, I just come to my own oversimplified distorted ones.  Was the fourth year for Nick not the complete and total issue?  It sure seemed that way to me.  That his supposed health neck issues spooked them to not want to risk a fourth year...were there other reasons?  I mean since being a warrior in our division winning year, being a true Oriole and team leader...none of that seemed to add up to squat in their calculations.  But maybe I misread the whole deal. 

Like I said, an oversimplification.

Despite the medicals they were willing to go three years on Markakis.  The addition of the fourth year increased the risk to an untenable level.  That does not mean that they figured he would be unable to perform in year four.

There also existed performance based issues tied to his diminishing power and defensive ability.

I don't think anyone expected a situation in which Markakis kinda puttered around for three years and then suddenly he's putting up his best numbers in a decade at 34.

Archived