AJ knows Mullins "is knocking on the door."

Flacco Machado

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Adam be an Oriole for life but I don't know if that makes sense.  He is, despite some of his rants sometimes, such a composed and self aware baseball player.  He is by Showalter's admission possibly the hardest working baseball player Showalter has ever coached.  He has shown himself on the U.S. WBC team to be an amazing leader on the field.

I would not be surprised to see him involved in MLB well after he playing career is over he has such a great passion for the game.

7 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles need to call Mullins up. I absolutely cannot believe that they haven't done that allready. I hope he is called up by the beginning of the second half at the latest.

But they won't. It makes sense to move AJ to right and call up Mullins. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Really sounds like Jones would like to be back next year, even if it means playing a different OF position.   

It sounds like he's open to being back but also knows it's a business.  I don't think he'd be content playing on a team as bad as this next year.

1 minute ago, Flacco Machado said:

If you're asking me who deserves the next statue for the Orioles, it's Adam Jones.

For what he has meant to the Orioles. The game of baseball. The inner city youth. And so much more.

I hope he returns and work begins on that statue.

Issue is a criteria has already been set. Have to be in HOF and Adam will fall short. No doubt he has made a tremendous impact.  

I'd like to see Adam moved, just because he has some trade value, and I'd love to see him go to a playoff team and win a WS.  I wish it could've been with the Orioles, but such is life.  Wouldn't mind at all to see him do a Bordick and resign with us in the offseason to play LF or RF on a reasonable contract, assuming that there is a spot and Hays, Mullins, Stewart, etc., aren't all ready to play in 2019.  Although I think I'd still prefer the youth movement and to see which of them swim as opposed to sinking.  Either way, Adam has been a great player for this team when you take into account what he does on the field, in the clubhouse, in the community, etc.  We'll miss him when he's gone.

It would be good to have Adam back next season. He only cares about winning and the team.  It is nice to see a player who doesn't only care about money.  And that he is following the guys in the minors. 

9 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

If you're asking me who deserves the next statue for the Orioles, it's Adam Jones.

For what he has meant to the Orioles. The game of baseball. The inner city youth. And so much more.

I hope he returns and work begins on that statue.

No

Mussina will be an interesting topic of conversation if he eventually gets enshrined.   He is likely to be the next O put into Cooperstown.  Statue worthy?

Manny would also be a possibility too, but I doubt he spends most of his career here.  I love Jones and all he has done for the team and the city and I have no doubt he'll get a plaque on Eutaw Street someday as soon as he is eligible.

18 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

It sounds like he's open to being back but also knows it's a business.  I don't think he'd be content playing on a team as bad as this next year.

Who would be, besides someone who’s otherwise not going to be in the majors?

Archived