What's the plan with Duquette this season and possibly beyond?

ISU94

My guess is that Duquette, like the rest of his, doesn't know what his future holds but expects to serve out his contract and then be gone, and that he's looking for productive things he can do that lie within his authority (whatever that is), whether to help the team or to point to when he's job-hunting ("I did what I could in a very difficult environment") or both.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I saw this also. I mean is it possible DD just wanted this scout to help out until the trade deadline? 

Yeah, I think @spiritof66hit the nail on the head. He's just trying to leave us in the best position possible for the future. Same thing happened with the lame duck Phillies GM a few years back.

Yep lets add more geriatrics to the FO

I suppose DD tried to contact him but the retired scout has never used a computer or cell phone so the process was delayed as they were conversing by letter sent by snail mail.

Or maybe the scout wasn't interested as he had already booked an around the world cruise with Colby Rasmus

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I suppose DD tried to contact him but the retired scout has never used a computer or cell phone so the process was delayed as they were conversing by letter sent by snail mail.

Or maybe the scout wasn't interested as he had already booked an around the world cruise with Colby Rasmus

Can only do so much when your arms are pinned behind your back by the owner for the past few years.

Duquette got an offer of Moran+ for Britton last year. There was a report of a Manny deal this past off-season that DD came to him with. Pete doesn't allow for him to participate in the IFA market.

DD has his faults but let's not act like we're in this position because of him. It's because of an 89 year old owner who meddles in baseball operations.

Just gotta keep the fingers crossed that he is really out of the picture like most indicate.

It would be asinine for the Orioles to allow him to start the rebuilding process with him not ha ing a contract beyond this year.  That said you cant really extend a GM for the worst team in baseball. 

Hiring a friend who is otherwise unemployed even if just for 4 months is not indicative of anything.

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

It would be asinine for the Orioles to allow him to start the rebuilding process with him not ha ing a contract beyond this year.  That said you cant really extend a GM for the worst team in baseball. 

Hiring a friend who is otherwise unemployed even if just for 4 months is not indicative of anything.

Amaro did the same thing in Philly when he was a lame duck GM. This is their job even if they know there is a chance they're out the door.

14 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

Who is the scout, he's talking about?

Could it be the guy who signed Eddie Murray and Miquel Gonzalze whom supposedly the Orioles let his contract expire this winter? 

26 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

That's actually pretty funny! :D

Archived