On the Record: Trade Predictions

Greg Pappas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KG to the Cubs for Alzolay, Ademan, international money.

Manny and ZB, Givens to Dodgers for Verdugo and White

Bundy & Brach to Brewers for Ortiz and Phillips. 

Jones to Cleveland for a PTBN.

Mercifully DFA Joseph. 

Davis is told he’s the 25th man and when he’s ready to talk buyout to have his people call our people.

Then on Wednesday they end the Buck era and announce Ned C as president of baseball operations, reporting directly to the sons. Brady is demoted to weight lifting instructor during the winter at a Southern California gym for players hopefully we don’t sign.

1 hour ago, MMussina35 said:

KG to the Cubs for Alzolay, Ademan, international money.

Manny and ZB, Givens to Dodgers for Verdugo and White

Bundy & Brach to Brewers for Ortiz and Phillips. 

Jones to Cleveland for a PTBN.

Mercifully DFA Joseph. 

Davis is told he’s the 25th man and when he’s ready to talk buyout to have his people call our people.

Then on Wednesday they end the Buck era and announce Ned C as president of baseball operations, reporting directly to the sons. Brady is demoted to weight lifting instructor during the winter at a Southern California gym for players hopefully we don’t sign.

While I would love that, giving international money to Baltimore is a waste of time and I have to imagine the Cubs would be forced to part ways with their new #1 prospect Miguel Amaya who is having quite the season for a 19 year old catcher in A ball.

6 hours ago, theobird said:

I know you are disgusted Moose, but there is zero chance of no trades. Zero. Now they might make really bad trades, I hope not. But the trades will happen.

I'm not disgusted, I just don't think they trade anyone.  Everyone around here is acting like it's a foregone conclusion that all these deals are going to go down, conveniently ignoring who the owner is that has to sign off on every trade.  Plus our history with physicals.  Plus the fact that DD, Brady, and the Kids all have to be on the same page before getting it up the chain to Fat Pete.  Plus the fact that we're not the only game in town, can we stop acting like we're the only team that can trade a 3rd baseman, closer or an aging centerfielder?  Yeah, getting a guy like Beltre doesn't bring as much to the table as a guy like Manny does at this point in their careers but they wouldn't have to give up as much to get him.

So those are my reasons why I don't think they trade anyone.  I think they might trade Britton but that's about it.  I don't see enough of a market for Jones and I don't see the Orioles acting quickly and decisively enough to trade Manny.  I think we get cold feet at the end or Fat Pete nixes the deal and teams go elsewhere.  This is now dragging into the All Star Break, plenty of time remains for teams to look elsewhere if they're sick of dealing with the Orioles.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not disgusted, I just don't think they trade anyone.  Everyone around here is acting like it's a foregone conclusion that all these deals are going to go down, conveniently ignoring who the owner is that has to sign off on every trade.  Plus our history with physicals.  Plus the fact that DD, Brady, and the Kids all have to be on the same page before getting it up the chain to Fat Pete.  Plus the fact that we're not the only game in town, can we stop acting like we're the only team that can trade a 3rd baseman, closer or an aging centerfielder?  Yeah, getting a guy like Beltre doesn't bring as much to the table as a guy like Manny does at this point in their careers but they wouldn't have to give up as much to get him.

So those are my reasons why I don't think they trade anyone.  I think they might trade Britton but that's about it.  I don't see enough of a market for Jones and I don't see the Orioles acting quickly and decisively enough to trade Manny.  I think we get cold feet at the end or Fat Pete nixes the deal and teams go elsewhere.  This is now dragging into the All Star Break, plenty of time remains for teams to look elsewhere if they're sick of dealing with the Orioles.

By several accounts, Big Peter is out of the process.  If they don't trade Britton at minimum, it's criminal stupidity.

Just now, TonySoprano said:

By several accounts, Big Peter is out of the process.  If they don't trade Britton at minimum, it's criminal stupidity.

I'll believe it when I see it. "Out of the process" might mean that he's not in the war room on a daily basis and actually working on negotiations.  From what I can tell at the end of the day, they still have to bring it to him, he still has to sign off on it.

You've got Brady and the two kids operating in a scenario that they've never been in before.  Honestly, if that's not a setup for "criminal stupidity" I don't know what is.

If we weren't 40 games under there might be some doubt. But situation being what it is, Machado and Britton are gone. Honestly we probably got lucky that a) we were this mind blowingly godawful and b) Machado having career year and Britton coming on strong. Everything kind of aligned here and there's just no way on earth PA is dumb enough to c ckblock inevitability.

It appears with Machado being taken out today that his deal is all but done. Probably would already be announced if it wasn't for the all-star game. Hearing a lot about the Phillies so that would be my prediction for Crawford and a couple of their young arms. Britton will go as well but still up in the air where he will go. Don't know about anybody else but I would be listening on Bundy, Gausman, Givens, Brach, Jones and Trumbo at least. 

7 hours ago, theobird said:

I know you are disgusted Moose, but there is zero chance of no trades. Zero. Now they might make really bad trades, I hope not. But the trades will happen.

Don't forget Peter Angelos is in charge. I feel he will screw up things. He may put to high a price on Manny that no team will pay that for a rental. 

Archived