Manny Machado Appreciation Thread

TonySoprano

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His remarks towards the end about the front office not being on the same page were interesting.   Anyway, Manny departed in a classy manner and those who perceive him as some glitz-loving mercenary really don’t understand the guy at all.    

45 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

You’re a good dude Manny. Go win a ring and if it can be avoided, please stay away from the Yankees and Red Sox. 

Reading him talking like this, I still have some hope.  Not that we will be the ones to sign him this off season (I still say there's probably only a 2% chance or so that we'll be making an offer like that to him with the direction we seem to be going in), but that there's enough Oriole still there that he isn't going to go to an AL East team just because they offer a tiny sliver more money than everyone else.  He was part of our family for a long time.  I don't think he wishes us direct harm.  

13 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Reading him talking like this, I still have some hope.  Not that we will be the ones to sign him this off season (I still say there's probably only a 2% chance or so that we'll be making an offer like that to him with the direction we seem to be going in), but that there's enough Oriole still there that he isn't going to go to an AL East team just because they offer a tiny sliver more money than everyone else.  He was part of our family for a long time.  I don't think he wishes us direct harm.  

I don’t think Manny will choose his next team based on not wanting to be in the same division as the Orioles.    Best financial deal, willingness to play him at SS, and ability to contend will be the big factors.    My gut tells me Philly will win the Manny sweepstakes.    

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

He's not bad. Maybe we sign him after he opts out of his next contract.

He looks to have improved, albeit slightly, in his time with the Doy-ers.

Just for reference....-18 DRS at SS with the Orioles, +4 DRS with L.A. Sure, SSS....

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

The only positive of the Yankees being so loaded is there is nowhere for them to play him w/o moving someone.  They're unlikely to move Torres or Andujar since their probably top 3 in rookie of the year.  Gregorius is above average SS, IMO. 

Of course the elder (now deceased) Steinbrenner would have traded Andujar in a package to the Mets for DeGrom and the signed Manny.

Archived