John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can anyone with a good knowledge of advanced fielding metrics say how Jones would fare as a corner outfielder?  I wouldn't expect him to be a great defender in LF or RF but he'd be better than he is in CF, right?

His main issue is lack of speed. He would probably be a good corner outfielder. His speed(or lack thereof) plays better there. His arm is no longer what it used to be, but it is still good enough to play in the corners. Might struggle a bit at first as he learns new angles an stuff. He should be fine.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

I was wondering what was taking the Astros so long.  Jones is a no-brainer 2 month upgrade over Tucker.

If they were smart they'd be prioritizing a bullpen arm over an outfielder. I know he's probably a PR nightmare, but Roberto Osuna (due back soon) would be a perfect fit for that team. And the Blue Jays are clearly selling. 

2 hours ago, Greg said:

10th best prospect. 

@weams So you negative rep'd this guy in back to back posts about a return. I'm just curious what the return might be in your opinion?

Astros ....My guess would be Alcala/Armentros/Valdez and Arauz and a lotto ticket. Armenteros would be interesting as he 7-1 3.99era at AAA in the PCL. He'd make sense if we are dealing a SP. that would be their 10/13/14 plus their 27

Phillies Suarez/Santos/Kilome/Irvin a(#8-11) and Drew Anderson (22).

16 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If they were smart they'd be prioritizing a bullpen arm over an outfielder. I know he's probably a PR nightmare, but Roberto Osuna (due back soon) would be a perfect fit for that team. And the Blue Jays are clearly selling. 

They tried to get Britton.  I'd try and swing a Brach/Jones package deal.  I think Brach's issues are related to a lack of focus due to losing, impending trade/FA, etc.  I think he could be pretty effective as a setup man for a contender down the stretch.

Just now, esmd said:

They tried to get Britton.  I'd try and swing a Brach/Jones package deal.  I think Brach's issues are related to a lack of focus due to losing, impending trade/FA, etc.  I think he could be pretty effective as a setup man for a contender down the stretch.

I mean, would you have faith in Brach's ability to pitch in high pressure situations after seeing what he's done this season? The Astros need a LEGITIMATE closer. Yes, they missed the boat on Britton, but others (like Osuna) are still probably available. 

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I mean, would you have faith in Brach's ability to pitch in high pressure situations after seeing what he's done this season? The Astros need a LEGITIMATE closer. Yes, they missed the boat on Britton, but others (like Osuna) are still probably available. 

I think the old "change of scenery" might apply to Brach.   I've felt that change should be to the NL, though.

55 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Wonder if the Astros would want Brach and Jones. Brach wouldn't cost much and if he reverts to form thats a pretty helpful for the Astros. 

Dan should pick up the phone and pitch that. I'd give you some upvotes, but for some reason I noticed I can't do that anymore, what's up with that?

Archived