John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

Just now, Greg said:

Probably why Jones missed the autograph session.  Arguing with Duquette about being traded. If Duquette wants to trade him badly it is just to shed salary. There isn't going to be a huge return.  Better to have Jones play out the year. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Probably why Jones missed the autograph session.  Arguing with Duquette about being traded. If Duquette wants to trade him badly it is just to shed salary. There isn't going to be a huge return.  Better to have Jones play out the year. 

It's possible he has a team on the hook for an overpay.  Stranger things have happened.

13 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

You don't always get what you want

-shrug-

I refuse to buy into painting Jonesy as the badguy here.

I agree. The guy is heavily involved in the community. I know we would shed payroll but what would he even bring back?  Is it worth it?  I say Yes, but other factors are at play. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. The guy is heavily involved in the community. I know we would shed payroll but what would he even bring back?  Is it worth it?  I say Yes, but other factors are at play. 

I'd really like center field opened up for Mullins.

3 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Thanks for posting....sounds like this is unlikely to end amicably.

Duquette is just making himself look like a villain.  I don't know why he has to bash Jones.  First off Jones has been saying all this time no one approached him about waiving his no trade rights.  So why try to trade him without discussing it first?  Jones deserves as much and he can't trade him without his permission.   Jones has been here 11 years and works in the community and has been outstanding player and person in his career here.   Jones took a below market value contract to stay with the team.  DD was ready to leave the first chance he had.  

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Duquette is just making himself look like a villain.  I don't know why he has to bash Jones.  First off Jones has been saying all this time no one approached him about waiving his no trade rights.  So why try to trade him without discussing it first?  Jones deserves as much and he can't trade him without his permission.   Jones has been here 11 years and works in the community and has been outstanding player and person in his career here.   Jones took a below market value contract to stay with the team.  DD was ready to leave the first chance he had.  

I don't see where he is bashing Jones.

He's just being brutally honest.

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

How did Duquette bash Jones?

The way it works is you see if there is interest and then see if Jones will waive his no trade. What would be the point in talking to Jones if no one is interested? Then you have just told your veteran player that you want to trade him for no reason.

Why does either one have to be a bad guy?

It’s his right so whatever I guess. 

There is however middle ground between huge return and not much or salary relief.  I’m sure Dan is capable of figuring that out. 

I know AJ loves it here and now that it sounds like Dan isn’t considering bringing him back I can see his reluctance to be traded.  

Wants to ride it out...I’d give it a shot with Cleveland or Houston though.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

How did Duquette bash Jones?

The way it works is you see if there is interest and then see if Jones will waive his no trade. What would be the point in talking to Jones if no one is interested? Then you have just told your veteran player that you want to trade him for no reason.

Why does either one have to be a bad guy?

They don’t. Sounds like manufactured (or imagined) conflict.

Archived