Who's next to be traded?

Flacco Machado

3 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Jones and Brach to Indians for Chang Civale and lower lottery ticket.

That would be comparable to the Britton return, ain’t going to be anything close to that.

Maybe Civale and a lotto ticket, but Chang is a borderline top 100 guy at least, he’s a better piece than Tate.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

5 of the Rockies top 10 prospects are infielders 

1) #1 Rodgers SS Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 50 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

2) #2Walker 3B Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50 | Overall: 55

3) #5 Vlade SS Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 55 | Run: 45 | Arm: 60 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50

4)#6 Hampson SS/2B Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 30 | Run: 65 | Arm: 50 | Field: 60 | Overall: 50

5) #8 Nevin 3B/1B  Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50 | Overall: 50

if the Rockies offered you two of these and SP 22 yr old Gaddis would you trade Gausman?

Good post. I don’t think we would do a 1-1 swap of Gausman for Rodgers, but maybe we should. Riley Pint is out with forearm tightness so he would be a no-go likely with our medicals. 

Realistically, I could see us taking advantage of the Rockies depth and acquiring two guys that are “blocked”.  3B Colton Welker (Arenado) and SS Vilade/Hampson (Rodgers). 

The Deal wouldn’t cripple the Rox’s farm system. We’d get answers at two premium positions that we currently lack depth. 3B and SS. I think a perfect fit for a 3rd piece would be RP Justin Lawrence (#29) overall. He went to Jacksonville two years ago, so we likely saw him while scouting Hays. Mid 90’s heavy sinker. 

Would we do Welker, Vilade/Hampson, and Lawrence?  Would the Rox?

11 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Jones.  Only because he's the player I'm most certain gets traded of the guys who are left.  

Does Brach have any value at all?  How many teams out there could use a reliever with a 4.97 ERA and a 1.74 WHIP.  

Schoop, Givens, Gausman, Bundy.  We have no idea if these guys are even on the block.  Cashner and Trumbo seem more likely to be moved if we can find takers, IMO.

I hope it happens sooner, but if they get dealt, I think Brach, Trumbo, Valencia, Cashner, and even a healthy Gentry are more likely August trades. 

I think something like Brach or Valencia is next. I also think Jones goes to the Braves before the deadline. I hope Schoop is moved but I doubt it happens. I think Gausman and Bundy stay and possibly move in the offseason. 

How about Brach to Houston for J.D. Davis?  Not flashy, but Davis could be someone who can help bridge the gap to Yusniel Diaz?  I know we have something against acquiring players named Davis from Houston, but it could be a win-win situation for both teams.

12 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

I think there are some great 1 year buy low, potentially cheap, SPs that the O's should try to purchase ad then maybe swing next year this time.  James Shields, Lance Lynn, Brandon McCarthy, Francisco Liriano, even Bartolo Colon if he wants to pitch.  Hellickson will be available.  Any one or two of those guys to fill a void and eat innings is fine with me.  If they perform, trade them for a guy.

38 minutes ago, connja said:

I wouldn’t trade Gausman, or especially Bundy, unless we are getting at least one top 50 and potential all-star back.  Let’s not sell for the sake of selling. 

I wonder what we could really get for Gausman. Rays got a nice return for (admittedly very inexpensive) pending FA Eovaldi.

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I, like I imagine others, appreciate what you're adding to the discussion and definitely like reading the write-ups you and others paste here, but can I ask a favor....can you please also include the origin of your quotes?  It's impossible to know whether this is from a reputable national writer or some random dude in his mom's basement pontificating on a fan site.  Although the take is interesting and seems legitimate, the ultimate source is very important.

Much appreciated.

Who has the most value and can net us the greatest return? I imagine it would be one of Schoop, Gausman and Bundy. I think Jones stays and is locked up long term retires an Oriole. Can’t imagine Brach netting us much of anything he would need to be packaged together with someone else. Trumbo is a great clubhouse guy with good veteran leadership that could be a huge asset to a young contending AL team. We will see but with Schoop coming on his value has got to be pretty high. When on top his game not many 2nd basemen I’d rather have.

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

I think there are some great 1 year buy low, potentially cheap, SPs that the O's should try to purchase ad then maybe swing next year this time.  James Shields, Lance Lynn, Brandon McCarthy, Francisco Liriano, even Bartolo Colon if he wants to pitch.  Hellickson will be available.  Any one or two of those guys to fill a void and eat innings is fine with me.  If they perform, trade them for a guy.

It'll be interesting to see if any of these guys get traded this year and what they bring back. If there is no interest in them this year when the SP Trade Market it thin - then there probably won't be interest next year.

Archived