Bundy is Broken

weams

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to call Bundy a bust. He obviously never regained the stuff he had before TJ surgery and doesn't appear to be healthy now.

He definitely has the mound presence you want from an Ace. He just doesn't have the ability right now.

If Bundy had the stuff he had before the surgery (throwing upper 90's) who knows how good he would be. It's ashame.

5 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

78 career wins, 24 complete games, 6 shutouts, a career ERA of 3.91, and a career WHIP of 1.257 ....... all the while pitching his entire 9-year career in the American League (with the Designated Hitter), and the last few years having been pitched in the offensively-inflated steroid era.

Ben McDonald ended up with 20 WAR. Bundy is at 4 WAR now... I would be thrilled if he ended up anywhere near 20.

On 7/29/2018 at 3:38 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29) 

Somebody glued him back together for today's game.

o

On 8/5/2018 at 12:04 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. RANGERS, 8/04) 

Ace Marotta did a pretty good job on Bundy before this game, too

1 Earned Run over 6 Innings Pitched.

o

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 9/13) 

Ace Marotta working his magic again

It would be great if he could stop the bleeding more consistently.

Cutman_treating_fighter.jpg

o

On 9/13/2018 at 10:54 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 9/13) 

Ace Marotta working his magic again

It would be great if he could stop the bleeding more consistently.

Cutman_treating_fighter.jpg

o

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/18) 

2 consecutive solid outings for Bundy

Hire the cut man, full-time.

His fastest pitch of the night was 94 MPH ........ in the 7th inning, on his100th pitch (out of 105) of the night.

o

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

His next start will be Sunday vs the Yankees.  He could play a part in making them have to go on the road for the wild card game.   I'm all for that.

Just a joke with my good friend Moose who seemed to think Bundy was done and commented that nobody should care what we do with him for the rest of the year. Or, I should say, moose commented “who cares” when shortsighted OHers were commenting on what to do with him for the remainder of the season. I suggested that it was a great opportunity to have him work on things (like a new change) and it appears he (Dylan) reads the board, or maybe he just works on things anyway, hard to say. 

Archived