Josh Rogers 2018

LocoChris

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

6 ip 3 Er 1.33 Whip  not bad either .  He could swap with Hess next start.  Hess looks like guy who struggles second third time through which may put him in pen in future.

Wasn't a bad start, but wasn't great either. I'd give him a couple more starts down there before making the call. He'll probably be a September call up.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Another pretty good one today: 5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K’s.    Threw a lot of pitches though.   

Ready to see him in Baltimore. 

Hess and Ramirez have had their chances.  Time for Rogers and Means.  

Good to see the strikeout numbers jump up. He's been interesting to follow as hes had success all year at AAA. I understand his "stuff" isnt like Tate or Ortiz, but I think he's probably earned a September call up. If Hess stumbles again, I'd swap them for the remainder of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I didn't watch a pitch Sunday after that Saturday debacle. I had a charity ride to attend anyways, but I was not wasting a Sunday on this 2024 squad.  I'll probably watch some of the Yankees game, but my heart is out of this squad. I still want them to win, but they have given me no reason since May to think this team has any special abilities.  Injuries hurt them for sure, but they just don't have that "it" factor. They have the choke factor down pat though. I can deal with a bad team. Hell, I ran this place through the darkest, leanest years.  But what I can't deal with is an anti-clutch team. This is a team that can look victory in the face and find a way to lose. This is team with no ability to finish off a comeback.  Hell, even in their walk offs it's after their relievers choked away a lead.  The lack of hitting is boring. The lack of situational hitting is boring. The strikeout/homerun all or nothing approach is boring. The fact that they no longer steal bases or put pressure on the defense unless you count Masolino getting guys thrown out by 10 feet, is boring. The fact that both of their super prospects not came up did poorly, but literally crapped the bed and hit like pitchers is boring.  The fact that both of their number one overall selections have been either bad or awful is boring.  The fact that the "TOR" they picked up this offseason took a month and half "off" is boring. The fact that the Orioles still have Jimenez and Rivera on this team is boring.  It's just a boring team.  I'm just not interested in this 2024 squad and have zero faith in them that they can do anything in the playoffs. Even against the Royals (who will run all over the Orioles if they play them) or Twins, I don't give them much of a chance.  I'll never root against an Orioles team, and I hope that some miracle happens and they suddenly become a better team. But I will continue to say that this has been one of the most frustrating Orioles Playoff teams of all time. 
    • Now that Snyder has gone I can passively hope they do well. They should have kept the old name (Washington Football Team).
    • Daniels just completed a pass for 55 yards thru the air.  The guy has a heck of an arm.  Commanders look like a good team again and are dominating an 0-2 Bengals team that is desperate for a win.  21-10 in 2nd quarter.  
    • Westburg is the guy I'd want to run a bit more, he seems a bit more like a heady type player so I could see his instincts growing there, and he had decent numbers in the minors. He's had an interesting year in the SB department, stole 4/5 in the month of April, then 1/3 in May and 1/1 in June, but hasn't had a straight steal since June 3rd. Wonder if moving up in the lineup killed his run game?
    • Or a guy that can just come up and give innings when the bullpen is shot after a doubleheader or even give a spot start and then be sent back down.  Is Pham a likely future ML starter, no, but he might bail the O's out of a pitching bind multiple times next year.  
    • Saturday's game was epically bad and not the type of loss a team on the upswing into the playoffs would suffer and one that I certainly hate to witness. I couldn't watch most of the game Sunday, but I wouldn't DVR it and then peek at the score either, I don't think that I would ever watch if I knew the outcome of a game in advance. The surprise elation (Gunnar's bases loaded double) and the agony of the non-send and inability to hit a sac fly is what keeps me coming back, old fool that I am.
    • Predicting what the attendance will do next year is like predicting Hurrican season in January.  There are so many outside factors that it is just a guess.  How will they finish the year, how much will the spend in the offseason, how many corporations want to get ticket plans,   how is the economy in 6 months, how do they play next season what teams we play and when, will teams like Red Sox, Yankees and big draws play well.   I also think one of the biggest factors is what corporations want to sponsor give aways and what time of promotions will they run.  If you look at attendance some of the largest attendance games minus the Phillies, Yankees games are for the best giveaway souvenirs.  
  • Popular Contributors