Gausman, Brach to Pirates?

OrioleLochRaven

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, OrioleLochRaven said:

Anyone else hearing anything about this?

It was being discussed in a different thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams are at this stage with the Orioles regarding Gausman.

I'm not a fan of trading Gausman if Baz is the best piece.  His prospect star dimmed a bit from 2017 and he's having a very tough season now. Baz is the 98th overall prospect according to MLB Pipeline and fourth in the Pirates organization, but with two more seasons of control from Gausman, I would like a piece in the 45-75 range for him.

5 minutes ago, Chito said:

Might as well follow this til the bitter end.

Switch hitting infielder, still young, positive defense, career .740 OPS in the minors.... well, a nice additive piece but I'm still hesitant about this one.

Brach is officially out.  This just for Gausman now?

This guy is just pulling your guys chain.  We aren't going to trade Gausman unless the return is outstanding.  Unless the guy is a journalist associated with a known publication I would ignore their tweets. 

1 hour ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I'm not a fan of trading Gausman if Baz is the best piece.  His prospect star dimmed a bit from 2017 and he's having a very tough season now. Baz is the 98th overall prospect according to MLB Pipeline and fourth in the Pirates organization, but with two more seasons of control from Gausman, I would like a piece in the 45-75 range for him.

12 minutes ago, Chito said:

Might as well follow this til the bitter end.

Why in the hell would we want May? 

I'm okay with Baz , and Kevin Newman as the main 2. I wonder if we will be sending a different reliever now that Brach has been dealt.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Why in the hell would we want May? 

I'm okay with Baz , and Kevin Newman as the main 2. I wonder if we will be sending a different reliever now that Brach has been dealt.

Kevin Newman, interesting prospect... looks like he's got everything you want form 2B except power.  No power.  I might rather take the other 24 year old Kevin in AAA... Kevin Kramer.

One of those SS/2B in the Pirates organization better be part of this... they have four of em in their top 10.

1 hour ago, ThomasTomasz said:

It’s been less than 60 IP. If you were a fan before the draft, not much should change. He’s 19, with good stuff but not much control and not a good chance to stick as a SP. 

That’s a terrible return for a Gausman. Hard to believe this rumor. Plus why would PIT want him? They making an unannounced run at the playoffs?

5 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Kevin Newman, interesting prospect... looks like he's got everything you want form 2B except power.  No power.

One of those SS/2B in the Pirates organization better be part of this... they have four of em in their top 10.

Be nice to get a real leadoff hitter 

Archived