Support the Orioles or stop following until they start winning again

Diehard_O's_Fan

I don't know about you Orioles fans but I sure get tired of all the negativity on here. I would like to encourage you to support the Orioles or stop following them for a couple years until they start winning again. I am very excited about the new chapter that is starting for the Orioles. I like young players who are hungry to win and are not just playing for money. In my opinion, the Orioles had become boring over the last two years. The Orioles are no longer boring which I am very excited about.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I don't know about you Orioles fans but I sure get tired of all the negativity on here. I would like to encourage you to support the Orioles or stop following them for a couple years until they start winning again. I am very excited about the new chapter that is starting for the Orioles. I like young players who are hungry to win and are not just playing for money. In my opinion, the Orioles had become boring over the last two years. The Orioles are no longer boring which I am very excited about.

Problem is the young guys they acquired won't be playing for the Orioles. Might as well watch the Bowie Baysox instead.  

In a few years they will be winning again?  That’s laughable.  Show me the young players capable of forming a winning MLB team, the coaches capable of developing prospects, and the front office capable of putting it all together.  This organization seems to mess up every player they get their hands on unless they have Machado level talent and they don’t draft well enough to have too many of them and will never buy them in free agency either.  It’s more likely that in 3-4 years, the product on the field will be worse than the team they fielded last night.

4 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles deserve our support. Follow the Baysox then if you can't support the Orioles MLB team.

Hard to support a team of Jace Peterson, Tim Beckham, Chris Davis, Breyic Velma, and Renato Nunez.  Maybe if they reduced the price of beer to $4 I would show up. 

5 minutes ago, coolbeans said:

In a few years they will be winning again?  That’s laughable.  Show me the young players capable of forming a winning MLB team, the coaches capable of developing prospects, and the front office capable of putting it all together.  This organization seems to mess up every player they get their hands on unless they have Machado level talent and they don’t draft well enough to have too many of them and will never buy them in free agency either.  It’s more likely that in 3-4 years, the product on the field will be worse than the team they fielded last night.

I believe this is the negativity the OP was referring to lol

I don’t tell other fans how to support their team or how to react to the moves they make.    For me, I’ll just be spending more time focusing on how individual players are performing and developing, and trying to ignore the fact that the team stinks and has many players who aren’t part of the future.  

We watch on TV most nights, but don't make it to many games.  I want players to do well and still route for all the guys, Davis and Cobb and on. 

I still want them to do mostly well, but have turned my focus more towards the draft.  So games like yesterday, being 6-3 are kind of what I pull for.  Some moral victories, just not real ones.  Also, they can get real wins as long as they stay in "front".

Put me in the camp in regards to caring about individual performances throughout the organization moreso than the overall W/L record.

Like currently, I'm excited to see what Carroll and Valera can bring to the table at the major league level.

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ll support the team, but the Orioles aren’t must see tv anymore.  At least until the prospects start playing. 

So I have the MiLBTV hooked up by HDMI to my Flat Screen in my living room. I watch a ton of live MiLB and on TV now as well. It's really quite fun and it's not stressful. 

Archived