Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

You’ve been in pro ball since 2005, made your MLB debut in 2007 and, in those 12 seasons, the furthest you reached in the playoffs was the ALCS in 2014 with the Orioles. What would it mean to finally get a championship ring?

That it was worth it. I mean, I’ve gone through a lot in my career. To get to the World Series, to get that feeling. It goes back to Baltimore and when we were in the playoffs in 2014 and we beat Detroit. I said then, “If this is as far as I ever make it in baseball, I’d be happy.” Because it was an incredible run. Beating the three Cy Youngs (Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer and David Price) and having Delmon (Young) get that bases-clearing double (in the eighth inning of the ALDS Game 2) and having that “We Won’t Stop” chant, with the crowd roaring; that was so unbelievable to me. That was freaking awesome. I couldn’t have imagined going any further (emotionally) than that. But now (in Boston), we have that chance, and that would mean the world. Obviously, you just want to win it. I’m not gonna stop until we get one.

• Upvote 2