The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Way to go, Orioles, way to go.

It ain't over yet (in theory), but was anyone really confident in the O's pulling this off?  Maybe they'll all be duds, and the O's will look smart.  I'm delirious...

Just now, Dr. Unk said:

It ain't over yet (in theory), but was anyone really confident in the O's pulling this off?  Maybe they'll all be duds, and the O's will look smart.  I'm delirious...

Would still be an example of bad process even if VVM bombs.

Unless of course they manage to dig a hit out of a prospect everyone else missed.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I certainly didn't say that.

I said that Miami doesn't have a history of having an advantage.

I never said you said that. :P 

But there was some sentiment around here that playing in Miami wouldn't be a draw, that the Cuban community didn't matter,  that dollars win out over everything etc.  

Well, looks like dollars matter, but not the Orioles dollars.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I never said you said that. :P 

But there was some sentiment around here that playing in Miami wouldn't be a draw, that the Cuban community didn't matter,  that dollars win out over everything etc.  

Well, looks like dollars matter, but not the Orioles dollars.  

I can see where 500K or so wouldn't be enough to sway them.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Unk said:

If the Orioles aren't in the bidding than why are the Marlins acquiring more money?  

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Would still be an example of bad process even if VVM bombs.

Unless of course they manage to dig a hit out of a prospect everyone else missed.

Interesting.  I guess I agree, in a sense, but I'm not really confident that they even have a slight clue, as to the international market.  I'm glad they finally acknowledged it, but at this point, I think a lot of it it lip service, and a pig in a poke.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

If the Orioles aren't in the bidding than why are the Marlins acquiring more money?  

I think you missed my point.  I think there is virtually no way the O's pull this off.  They are being played like Nero's fiddle...until the Marlin's can pony up the cash.

1 minute ago, Dr. Unk said:

I think you missed my point.  I think there is virtually no way the O's pull this off.  They are being played like Nero's fiddle...until the Marlin's can pony up the cash.

But you said if they are duds the Orioles will look smart.  If the Orioles are bidding their total amount of slot money than they won't look smart no matter what happens.   More of dodging a bullet.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

But you said if they are duds the Orioles will look smart.  If the Orioles are bidding their total amount of slot money than they won't look smart no matter what happens.   More of dodging a bullet.  

I was only looking at if he bombs, but I agree with you.

Archived