TT: Silence of Ownership is Deafening

Tony-OH

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

They are going to have a lot of work to do once they hire a President. They have pretty much moved on from everyone affiliated with the previous regime. That's a tall order to get finished and assemble some semblance of a ML team.

I think we'll be lucky if the 2019 Orioles rise to the level of a AAAA team.  I'm OK with this if the new FO has real authority to act on its own within liberal and rational parameters.   I'm not holding my breath, but I am tossing a few coins in every fountain I pass by.

8 hours ago, 24fps said:

I think we'll be lucky if the 2019 Orioles rise to the level of a AAAA team.  I'm OK with this if the new FO has real authority to act on its own within liberal and rational parameters.   I'm not holding my breath, but I am tossing a few coins in every fountain I pass by.

AAAA team, then that should be an improvement over the AAA quality team fielded last season.  Might get to 55 wins.

12 hours ago, 24fps said:

Who the hell is making the decisions right now, anyway? One would think they would bring in someone to call the shots. Instead they will get rid of everyone and only Brady will be left. Business as usual.  Odd, bizarre, perplexing

27 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Who the hell is making the decisions right now, anyway? One would think they would bring in someone to call the shots. Instead they will get rid of everyone and only Brady will be left. Business as usual.  Odd, bizarre, perplexing

Brian Graham in making the moves as interim GM.

35 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Brady is not the only one left.

Brian Graham was given the title of Acting, and has been running things and will be attending the upcoming MLB meetings.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-executive-search-20181102-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The list of candidates has largely been kept quiet, though former Boston Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington, former Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti, Oakland Athletics assistant general manager Dan Kantrovitz and Houston Astros assistant general manager Mike Elias are among those who have been or will be interviewed, according to the source. But it’s unclear whether some candidates the Orioles have contacted remain in the process

In the interim, director of player development Brian Graham is serving as the Orioles interim general manager controlling day-to-day operations, while vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson and amateur scouting director Gary Rajsich are also still in place. With ownership's guidance, that group is navigating the early-offseason roster moves.

Archived