Off-Season Trades

weams

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Pretty much.

Yankees fleeced them though. Just saying.

I have often wondered about that. It seems like they always get the best of trades.

Elias should tell them: You already took the old Orioles to become the Yankee's. No discounts anymore.

Paxton as a trade property feels very Bedard-ish, all the way to the lefty Canadian with two years of control deal.  I guess this is a bit of a reminder what a great deal that was - the Yankees didn't have to flesh out the package as much, and managed a pitcher centerpiece.  I know early Fangraphs Dave Cameron argued even Jones-for-Bedard straight up would be a mistake, and imagine the GM's and analysts will see this one more neutrally, while the Yankee-loving media will see it as a coup.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

6 years of a mid rotation starter for 2 years of a potential ace.  That sounds pretty good to me.  The Yankees wouldn't even discuss including Sheffield for Machado.

Sheffield is a projected mid rotation starter now?  Cause he was a hotter prospect than that before last season.

11 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Paxton as a trade property feels very Bedard-ish, all the way to the lefty Canadian with two years of control deal.  I guess this is a bit of a reminder what a great deal that was - the Yankees didn't have to flesh out the package as much, and managed a pitcher centerpiece.  I know early Fangraphs Dave Cameron argued even Jones-for-Bedard straight up would be a mistake, and imagine the GM's and analysts will see this one more neutrally, while the Yankee-loving media will see it as a coup.

The Bedard deal was spectacular. 

For those of you claiming the Yankees fleeced the Mariners I encourage you to look at Paxton's home / road splits. His era has been MUCH higher outside the cavernous confines of Safeco Field. He also hasn't demonstrated the ability to stay healthy for a full season. I'm not saying it wasn't a good trade for the Yankees to make (it was), but they gave up their number one prospect for god's sake. What more do you want? 

Archived