Off-Season Trades

weams

On 11/20/2018 at 7:52 AM, Roll Tide said:

We are better off trying to deal Cobb, Cashner, and Trumbo mid season.

If Cobb has a solid 1st half he’d be very valuable at the deadline.

Cobb might be tradeable but Cashner and Trumbo are complete trash. No one's taking them off our hands. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Cobb might be tradeable but Cashner and Trumbo are complete trash. No one's taking them off our hands. 

I'd just as soon hang onto Cashner anyway. SOMEone has to go out there and chew up innings after all. We could barely find the innings this season with Cashner and Cobb on the staff. 

I believe Fangraphs valued Paxton at $65 mil and the prospects coming back in the trade at $64 mil (from a Kiley McDaniel chat this morning).  So, at least by their methodology, it seems to have been a pretty fair trade.  Certainly not a spectacular one for Seattle, but a solid return.

5 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Please don't call players trash. It's ok to dislike them and want them gone. I often say that about Donnie Hart. Please don't call humans trash.

5 hours ago, weams said:

Please don't call players trash. It's ok to dislike them and want them gone. I often say that about Donnie Hart. Please don't call humans trash.

Good Point Weams

The problem with his thought process centers around trading at rock bottom. 

Cobb is 22-12 with an era just over 3.00 in August-October for his career. If he gets to the deadline in 2019 with a mid 3 era he'd be quite valuable to a contender.

Cashners career era is 4.02 and if he's close to that at the deadline he's a valuable 4-5 in a playoff run. I mean his season was an albatross compared to his career stats and hes been around 8 seasons.

Trumbo is a notorious fast starter...injuries have hurt him the last couple seasons. But his contract won't be bad if he reaches the deadline at .260-.263 with 20-25 dingers. 

It would be foolish to sell low on anyone of these guys with the exception of moving Trumbo as a salary dump to move Davis to DH and Trey to 1B which makes sense to me.

Archived