Elias' Brady comments (Connolly article)

tntoriole

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

You say that you have no idea what his opinion was, but then say you do know..i.e. you believe Brady didn’t care either way.  How do you know he didn’t have an opinion about it?   We are all guessers with opinions. 

Dtcebi0XoAAStTd.jpg

Guessers with Opinions

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, weams said:

Yes. With the Mike Mussinas, Paul Blairs, Elly Hedricks, Mike Cuellars and Dave McNallys. 

With the exception of Mussina, these other guys are not "statue guys" but they are WS winners in Baltimore.  Brady has been here a very long time, but even with his good times...and there were some very good ones.  He isn't on the level with the names above either.  Mussina didn't win a WS here, but is a border line HOF player.  Brady is an Oriole HOF'er, but let's be honest...

IF the rebuild works and let's be very generous and say we are presented with a 3-5 year window of being very good and win one WS.  Brady, unless he is still here and part of what is going on, just isn't going to be in the same class.  I'd put him with Roberts and Markakis and Jones as popular, very good and mostly a bright light during a mostly dark era.  And yes those guys especially will be well remembered and they should.  But if the Orioles are ever in a position to add to their WS bling...alot of names from the last 25 years will fade except for those of us hard core folks.  And I'm pretty sure that's how it should be.

10 minutes ago, foxfield said:

With the exception of Mussina, these other guys are not "statue guys" but they are WS winners in Baltimore.  Brady has been here a very long time, but even with his good times...and there were some very good ones.  He isn't on the level with the names above either.  Mussina didn't win a WS here, but is a border line HOF player.  Brady is an Oriole HOF'er, but let's be honest...

IF the rebuild works and let's be very generous and say we are presented with a 3-5 year window of being very good and win one WS.  Brady, unless he is still here and part of what is going on, just isn't going to be in the same class.  I'd put him with Roberts and Markakis and Jones as popular, very good and mostly a bright light during a mostly dark era.  And yes those guys especially will be well remembered and they should.  But if the Orioles are ever in a position to add to their WS bling...alot of names from the last 25 years will fade except for those of us hard core folks.  And I'm pretty sure that's how it should be.

This. He was a good popular player during his time with the team, but not a talent (or person) that transcended his era. If you asked a casual young millennial fan if they knew who Brady Anderson was, I wouldn't be surprised if they said no. 

25 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This. He was a good popular player during his time with the team, but not a talent (or person) that transcended his era. If you asked a casual young millennial fan if they knew who Brady Anderson was, I wouldn't be surprised if they said no. 

Asking millennials most things is an exercise in disappointment.  

Archived