Elias' Brady comments (Connolly article)

tntoriole

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please go read Dan's article, but here are some quotes from Elias talking to Buster Olney about Brady:

“I talked to (Anderson) a few times already. I’m just kind of on-boarding. We’ve been working together on some stuff as we’re getting acclimated and all the things that we have going on right now. He’s very smart, he’s very capable, and, most of all, he has a very deep love for this franchise. So, I’m looking forward to working with him. This is kind of a rapid transition period for me. I think we will answer those questions very well over time and see how things go and see how we can work together and build an appropriate relationship. But he’s a sharp guy and a good asset.”

https://theathletic.com/687039/2018/11/30/myriad-orioles-thoughts-brady-andersons-future-no-tender-for-joseph-beckham-grahams-firing-surprises-one-man-remains/

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

We'll know more when Brady's contract expires, which should be in January or February, based on when he joined the baseball operations team.

Interesting. Yeah and there was similar praise for Gary and Brian. It sounds like Elias maybe hasn't even gotten to baseball operations personnel yet and he'll assess once he does. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well, maybe we're wrong and Brady is actually a competent guy and Elias sees value in him?  It's possible.  And then if he keeps Brady on, do we give Elias the benefit of the doubt or is that strike one against him?  

Waiting for Frobby to tell us how bored he is of this :skeletor:

That's the thing is it's hard to know, and that's going to really dig into my brain like a splinter and be real annoying. 

Just fire the guy for our collective sanity.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Just fire the guy for our collective sanity.

Yeah....no.  If we're all aboard the Elias train and Elias sees value in Brady, we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.  If Elias is reading OH and is like "Yup, these dorks on a message board want Brady gone, I'm letting him go Friday," then...Elias is a dunce.  And we know Elias is not a dunce.

And if Elias IS reading this....hey man, hit me up.  I'll start off at the lowest rungs of the organization and work my way up.  Seriously, just gimme a shot.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah....no.  If we're all aboard the Elias train and Elias sees value in Brady, we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.  If Elias is reading OH and is like "Yup, these dorks on a message board want Brady gone, I'm letting him go Friday," then...Elias is a dunce.  And we know Elias is not a dunce.

And if Elias IS reading this....hey man, hit me up.  I'll start off at the lowest rungs of the organization and work my way up.  Seriously, just gimme a shot.  

Yeah I mean ultimately I agree. If he retains him I WILL be giving him the benefit of the doubt but I also WILL hate the inevitable endless handwringing on the board haha.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Said the guy who doesn't care anymore. 

44 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If they keep Brady, we will probably never know if it's by the choice of Elias, or if he was told Brady comes with the job.  If it's the latter, then ownership is still not totally letting someone run the show. Of course, if Elias agreed to that, then that's on him. Good luck looking over your shoulders.

(Its all speculation right now)

Who was the last guy in an O's front-office role - as opposed to an on-field position - who was let go before his contract was up? Don't expect answers about anyone until it's time for their contract to be renewed.

As Elias said about the Brady situation, "I think we will answer those questions very well over time and see how things go and see how we can work together and build an appropriate relationship." In other words, it's not time to decide yet.

Archived