Elias' Brady comments (Connolly article)

tntoriole

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Aging is a b. 

Fixed that!  ?

But wondering if he got slower as he leaned or as he aged or a combination or neither or nor???  Personally, I hate the (in no particular order) wrinkles, age spots, hanging flesh, turkey waddle neck, extra hair in weird places that you can hardly see, and oh yeah the eyesight.  Thank god for MJ or I'd be worried about losing hair also.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Orange in my Veins said:

He definitely made his mistakes. As much as it seems I post for him. Nobody is without their flaws. Im only stating my opinion that his flaws do not define him nor do his mistakes define him. They certainly don’t define him as incompetent

Of course, Buck and Dan and Brian Graham and Gary Rajisch were not incompetent, either.  But they were changed.  Change is change.  We have changed some of the previous regime leadership, but not all.  And we shall all see how it works out or not. 

6 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Of course, Buck and Dan and Brian Graham and Gary Rajisch were not incompetent, either.  But they were changed.  Change is change.  We have changed some of the previous regime leadership, but not all.  And we shall all see how it works out or not. 

I don’t think all of the old was bad and like you said we shall see. Maybe they were too much of the old bad while Brady isn’t ??‍♂️

22 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

.... but the Orioles have done nothing to define / explain Brady's role over the years so that's completely on them. ....

Quoting from the 2018 Orioles Media Guide:

"BRADY ANDERSON
VICE PRESIDENT, BASEBALL OPERATIONS

Brady Anderson was named Vice President of Baseball Operations in February of 2013. In his role, he collaborates with Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations Dan Duquette and manager Buck Showalter on player development and roster management while overseeing strength and conditioning training and nutrition for the club. He began consulting with the Orioles on hitting instruction and strength and conditioning training in 2010 before joining the team as Special Assistant to the Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations in 2012...."

I guess it depends on what the meaning of "collaborates" is.
It also depends on who hired him as Special Assistant to Duquette in 2012 when Dan was EVP of Baseball Operations or promoted him to VP of Baseball Operations under the Duquette regime.

Hopefully, if Brady is still with the O's in 2019, that year's media guide will truthfully state clearly that (regardless of Anderson's title) he reports to Mike Elias or to someone lower in the organization.

1 hour ago, AZRon said:

Quoting from the 2018 Orioles Media Guide:

"BRADY ANDERSON
VICE PRESIDENT, BASEBALL OPERATIONS

Brady Anderson was named Vice President of Baseball Operations in February of 2013. In his role, he collaborates with Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations Dan Duquette and manager Buck Showalter on player development and roster management while overseeing strength and conditioning training and nutrition for the club. He began consulting with the Orioles on hitting instruction and strength and conditioning training in 2010 before joining the team as Special Assistant to the Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations in 2012...."

I guess it depends on what the meaning of "collaborates" is.
It also depends on who hired him as Special Assistant to Duquette in 2012 when Dan was EVP of Baseball Operations or promoted him to VP of Baseball Operations under the Duquette regime.

Hopefully, if Brady is still with the O's in 2019, that year's media guide will truthfully state clearly that (regardless of Anderson's title) he reports to Mike Elias or to someone lower in the organization.

So he went from overseeing strength and conditioning/nutrition to collaborating with the GM and Manager in three years? Anyone who doesn't see a problem with that really needs to take off their mid 90s nostalgic orange tinted glasses. He's completely unqualified. Unless he's open to a demotion I really think we'd be better off letting him go. 

4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So he went from overseeing strength and conditioning/nutrition to collaborating with the GM and Manager in three years? Anyone who doesn't see a problem with that really needs to take off their mid 90s nostalgic orange tinted glasses. He's completely unqualified. Unless he's open to a demotion I really think we'd be better off letting him go. 

I think you're preaching to the choir here.  With the caveat that if Elias sees value.

14 hours ago, tntoriole said:

or maybe Brady is just part of the family.  

I guess one day we’ll know, if Angelos’ will is public knowledge when that time comes. Not trying to be morbid or flip (or anticipating Peter Angelos’ passing anytime soon). Just that people who are considered family are sometimes in one’s will. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, Frobby said:

Modern metrics, applied decades after the fact, have determined that Orioles pitchers from that era benefitted from pitching in a spacious ballpark and from having a spectacular defense behind them, and thus don’t give our pitchers the credit one might otherwise think is due.   On an intellectual level I get that, but as a fan I feel that Palmer, McNally and Cuellar were huge contributors to the most dominant teams in Orioles history.   To me 25 WAR for McNally just feels way low, even if the metrics are soundly reasoned.  

According to WAR the Orioles won 63 games last season. It isn't perfect.

Archived