Elias' Brady comments (Connolly article)

tntoriole

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AZRon said:

I re-read Ken Rosenthal's article linked below (I suspect that it is the "source" for many of the negative opinions of Brady expressed on this message board.
https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/brady-andersons-role-with-orioles-a-topic-of-debate-032017

It's my take (agreeing with other posters here) that, IF, in "fact", Mike Elias has and will have the baseball "autonomy" promised by John Angelos and architects the contemporary organization that we should all hope for, Brady Anderson can be a supportive and contributing member of that new organization. And, that it is totally up to Mike Elias to make that determination and assign (including dismissal) Brady to his most effective role.

Thanks for digging up that article.  It brings into focus the discomfort many of us feel about the situation.  

I think this quote about Buck Showalter applies: 

While Showalter occasionally advises Anderson on organizational protocol, the manager recognizes that he stands little to gain by clashing with a VP whom is often helpful and close with ownership, sources said.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Elias has already come to the same conclusion.

1 hour ago, AZRon said:

I re-read Ken Rosenthal's article linked below (I suspect that it is the "source" for many of the negative opinions of Brady expressed on this message board.
https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/brady-andersons-role-with-orioles-a-topic-of-debate-032017

It's my take (agreeing with other posters here) that, IF, in "fact", Mike Elias has and will have the baseball "autonomy" promised by John Angelos and architects the contemporary organization that we should all hope for, Brady Anderson can be a supportive and contributing member of that new organization. And, that it is totally up to Mike Elias to make that determination and assign (including dismissal) Brady to his most effective role.

I am certain that Brady Anderson gives as much credence to Ken's opinions as I do. 

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Source? As far as I know that hasn’t happened. The OH has simply speculated things into existence because it fits a narrative.

Hear is another Anderson for Frobby. See, it doesn't all have to be about Brady. 

15 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

With the recent roster changes, Chris Davis is now the sole player from the 2014 AL East championship team who is currently on the roster. 

I'm glad those other champions do not need to suffer through this. 

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Putting Brady Anderson in the same sentence as Brooks, Frank, Ripken, Palmer as an "icon" is ridiculous, imho. 

He’s a level down from the statue guys.   But up there with the Joneses and Markakises of the world.   

The success or failure of Mike Elias as EVP and GM will not turn on whether Brady retains a job in the organization.    It’s important that Elias have discretion whether to keep Brady or not; whatever decision he makes is fine with me.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s a level down from the statue guys.   But up there with the Joneses and Markakises of the world.   

The success or failure of Mike Elias as EVP and GM will not turn on whether Brady retains a job in the organization.    It’s important that Elias have discretion whether to keep Brady or not; whatever decision he makes is fine with me.  

Adam's initial resistance to playing deeper reminded me a lot of Brady. 

That Rosenthal article actually paints Chiti and Wallace in a worse light than Brady. It details both pitching coaches trying to fix Mike Wright, Mike Wright questions the changes being made and goes behind their backs to Anderson. Anderson works out Wright with other teammates and sends Wright back “fixed” and purportedly don’t reveal what he fixed. Naturally Chiti and Wallace are pissed. Nevertheless DD and Buck stand behind Anderson saying the Brady is honest and an open book. Players love him enough to avoid their pitching coaches, meanwhile the state of Oriole pitching is persistently awful and Chiti and Wallace no longer have jobs.

What Brady did wrong is usurp the pitching coaches. Shouldn’t have done that. Move on from Chiti and Wallace if they aren’t cutting it but don’t foster ridiculous in fighting by making the kids go to dad when mom says no.

But anyway, it sounds like Brady is a pretty big influence on the players, even though not everyone (eg Matt Wieters) loved him in his role as “Oriole Guru”.

35 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

With the recent roster changes, Chris Davis is now the sole player from the 2014 AL East championship team who is currently on the roster. 

Wasnt he suspended long before they clinched championship?

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes. With the Mike Mussinas, Paul Blairs, Elly Hedricks, Mike Cuellars and Dave McNallys. 

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

No, he was suspended for 25 games for using Adderall without a TUE. His suspension began September 13 and ended after opening day, 2015.

He was suspended pursuant to a JDA performance enhancing drug violation for a second occurance. 

Archived