Interesting FAs

wildcard

55 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We don't know that.

We don't have any guideline to go off for how Elias is going to do this.

We just don't.

I wish folks would stop acting like we do.

I'm also curious why you think Stewart needs a platoon partner. 

We know Jeff Luhnow kept George Springer in the minors until he had spent a full season at AA/AAA at age 25.  And that is the model.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

As I said before if Elias' plan is to copy the Astros' plan exactly we are doomed.  You can't do what worked five years ago anymore.

Who cares, just get some players and win some games.  I don't understand hand wringing about what what Elias does, move for move, plan for plan.  Just show a year to year improvement.  

13 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I don't think there is enough info to figure out how the new FO will operate. As for FA's why pay for a win or two. Let the kids play.

We'll be finding out pretty shortly. 

14 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I don't think there is enough info to figure out how the new FO will operate. As for FA's why pay for a win or two. Let the kids play.

No. Unless the plan is to lose as many games as possible. Id rather see a 82 win team than another 110 loss team. 

Just now, jabba72 said:

We'll be finding out pretty shortly. 

No. Unless the plan is to lose as many games as possible. Id rather see a 82 win team than another 110 loss team. 

If the O's win 82 games this year I would be beyond shocked. It would also set the rebuild back 3 years just from the draft loss. Not to mention, they aren't going to get any FA's of note. None.

Our best bet for winning some games this year isn’t spending money on fa’sbut instead getting more out of the players  we already have. It’s my hope with the new coaching and player development staff that they will beable to get the most out or at least more out of current guys. The money that we save this year by not investing in fa’s can be saved for later years once our guys are fully developed, ready and some fa signings can help put us over the top. In addition to saving the money for future free agents that money needs to be utilized in other areas inside the orginazation. We need to do this right and not put lip stick on a pig by essentially wasting money on free agents that will have very little to no impact on the orginazation.

7 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

Our best bet for winning some games this year isn’t spending money on fa’sbut instead getting more out of the players  we already have. It’s my hope with the new coaching and player development staff that they will beable to get the most out or at least more out of current guys. The money that we save this year by not investing in fa’s can be saved for later years once our guys are fully developed, ready and some fa signings can help put us over the top. In addition to saving the money for future free agents that money needs to be utilized in other areas inside the orginazation. We need to do this right and not put lip stick on a pig by essentially wasting money on free agents that will have very little to no impact on the orginazation.

We have to figure out what we have first. Our top prospects are still around a season away. Oddly enough, the better these guys on this team do, the more likely they will be traded for even newer players. 

Archived