Orioles announce Non Roster Invites

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

All I know is this is gonna be a looooooooooooong season...maybe worse than last year...and unwatchable.

Get it together, Firestone, sack up.   You're a diehard along with the rest of us.  Last year might have been a nasty surprise of sorts but this year, embrace the suck.  It's coming.  It could be brutal.

Or it could be surprisingly fun.  And I'll take losing baseball any day of the week over NO baseball.  There's a light at the end of the tunnel here.  Of course, that light at the end of the tunnel could be a rapidly approaching train.  Most likely.  But BASEBALL.  Focus on the positives.  

You're not kidding anyone, you'll be watching.  :) 

I just told the man who made Rod Tidwell cry to sack up.  My day is made.  

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

All I know is this is gonna be a looooooooooooong season...maybe worse than last year...and unwatchable.

Roy, that is almost laughable.  Yes it will be a long season, I don't think anyone doubts that fact.  Worse than last year?  When the team expected to be in the playoff hunt, which required 85+ wins?  Orioles had 47!  Expectations this year is to maybe win 60 give or take some.  I will most definitely take the over on 47 and we can agree to quibble on unwatchable, which I agree the O's will be sometimes.  But there is no way the pain of winning 47 while "going for it" is going to be repeated.

What would that even look like?

Nevermind, I think you are just setting a floor.  Lol.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

So is Caleb coming back?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I hope so, just to see the board go into a sheer meltdown mode about a backup catcher on a 55 win team.  

Per Roch:

I’m hearing that talks to bring back Caleb Joseph have cooled and he’s likely to join another organization.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Kremer and Pop but not Akin.  That is interesting.

But with the minor league park close by I think they can call anyone they want to see to Ed Smith Stadium.

I’m pretty surprised Akin wasn’t invited.    Organizational pitcher of the year, and pitcher of the year in the Eastern League.    Only one level to go before he reaches the majors.   I’d think they’d want to have a look.    But, whatever.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m pretty surprised Akin wasn’t invited.    Organizational pitcher of the year, and pitcher of the year in the Eastern League.    Only one level to go before he reaches the majors.   I’d think they’d want to have a look.    But, whatever.

Honestly, he's really the only guy I could think of that I'm surprised was not given that official invite. 

Nothing to get upset over of course, just surprising. 

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

I still complain to my wife when she cheats on me, I honestly don’t know what she sees in frobby. 

You def can't see the forest for the trees .... she'll be back when he starts rattling on about UZR, rWAR, fToT, BABIP, freakin' K rates and Nickie!  ?

Archived