Hyde puts his own stamp on spring training

Frobby

13 minutes ago, now said:

Excuse the interruption (yeah I know spring training is excruciatingly slow) but isn't there a dedicated forum area for music discussion?

Well NOW, there is a forum for music and I don't really go over there....but this is about Orioles Spring Training and the musical stylings of Dr. Jeckle, I mean Oriole Manager Hyde.

Loosely interpreted of course.  And Chris Davis is sick of being in Spring Training and has been since Saturday.

What?

Oh, I mean, Chris Davis has been in camp since Saturday but he is sick.  He loves the Orioles and all of the other people playing 90's music at spring training.

Please continue.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I think most parks play "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch.

So do the O’s, and then they cram in Country Boy.   Often they have to cut off the ending because the inter-inning time limit has elapsed.  

9 hours ago, Hazmat said:

Since we will be looking to the future to relive past glories, a couple suggestions:

Glory Days - the Boss

How bout dem O's?

For a Baltimore Springsteen fit while waiting for better baseball, I think it's got to be Hungry Heart. 

I know some say we took a wrong turn and just kept going at the end of the last era.

9 hours ago, Hazmat said:

Since we will be looking to the future to relive past glories, a couple suggestions:

Glory Days - the Boss

How bout dem O's?

The warmup music for the first pitcher ever to take the mound at OPACY in a game that counted, Rick Sutcliffe, was a Springsteen song.

But at the moment I can't remember if it was Glory Days or Better Days.   Can anyone say for sure?

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The warmup music for the first pitcher ever to take the mound at OPACY in a game that counted, Rick Sutcliffe, was a Springsteen song.

But at the moment I can't remember if it was Glory Days or Better Days.   Can anyone say for sure?

Maybe it was the creepy one where he asks the little girl if her daddy is home?

EDIT:

Thinking of local acts I've always liked Lake Trout (great musicians but super underground) and Clutch (listened to both in college) but you're not gonna find a song in their lineup that is widely heard or liked. But I'd love to hear Spacegrass or any other Clutch song just one time during the 7th inning stretch. ?

They proudly display the Maryland state flag in most of their videos.

Just now, byrdz said:

Thinking of local acts I've always liked Lake Trout (great musicians but super underground) and Clutch (listened to both in college) but you're not gonna find a song in their lineup that is widely heard or liked. But I'd love to hear Spacegrass or any other Clutch song just one time during the 7th inning stretch. ?

How about Burning Beard when Cashner gets pulled from the game?

Archived