Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

On 2/17/2019 at 8:14 PM, tntoriole said:

Of course other factors might be affecting his motivation. 

Thinking what he can buy with all the money he's made? Maybe he doesn't want to play baseball anymore? Maybe his time in baseball has taken a toll on him physically? I don't know just some thoughts. 

19 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even on his worse day, Davis is better than any poster in OH at hitting the baseball.

Its easy for us to poke at him, it sucks to see him do bad, but he gets to play a game at the major league level, that most of us could only dream about.

I love baseball but the travel these players have to make would drive me crazy. Even as a young man I could not have done it.

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What's he doing smiling and having fun?!?!?! He should be huddled in his locker, crying and wondering about how he can get his career back on track and being 100% honest that he worked on his swing all day, every day this offseason until his hands bled. 

I will not tolerate Chris Davis showing any kind of fun/positive/feel good emotion until he's got an OPS of at least .850.  Until then, he needs to have slumped shoulders at all time and pondering his miserable existence.  

Ain't that right @atomic?

To be fair, I think Chris was trying to genuinely photobomb him, he just missed.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Working on a plan for CD:

Not sure if that footage shows Davis working on something specific, but it looks like the lead (timing) foot is intentionally coming down early, in advance of his rotation through the ball at impact...  Wondering if that's not a deliberate attempt to speed up his timing?

32 minutes ago, jjnono said:

Not sure if that footage shows Davis working on something specific, but it looks like the lead (timing) foot is intentionally coming down early, in advance of his rotation through the ball at impact...  Wondering if that's not a deliberate attempt to speed up his timing?

I remember him letting go of the bat with his left hand every swing, but he only does in a couple above. Holds on with both hands for most of those swings. Am I mis-remembering this?

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

What is live Bp? Do hitters face their own pitchers who are throwing more than just typical batting practice?

The way Roch has been describing it I think that's exactly what is happening. Pitchers mixing up their pitches. I remember one pitcher even talking about a mix of pitches to set up a hitter.

And no nets out front either.

• Thanks 1